Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

matchmaster recoil system

EkuJustice

Yes, it will run with a standard guide rod and recoil system. I have seen several MatchMasters that have had the RecoilMaster system swithed out, a couple of them were at the Nationals. It is more of a personal feel and preference. I have had mine for three years and still use the Recoil Master and have had no issues. It is a great gun and i would recommend you borrow one to see if you like the feel of a shorty.

dont have one and have actually just looked at getting one. probibally will try an open gun first to see how I like it but figure that might be the way to go for someone who likes to target focus more than sight focus from my past shooting

After 6 years and getting to GM, you know what I learned? Quit diddling and shoot the damn thing. All the tweaking in the world doesn't do squat as to learning how to shoot the platform. If you didn't spend months and years looking for the perfect whatever, you would be well ahead to shoot it how it is from the start.

JT

Case and point, two friends spent a boatload for some shit=hot Lims and they are very sweet. Both of them are doubling or going auto, but I know the Lim boys and ask to shoo one after the match. I put 40 rounds through it and no double. Bottom line is they aren't ready for a 1.5 trigger. with zero over and under. I suggested a bit of spring pressure and a little over and under and I think the guns would be fine. Bottom line is they are bump firing them, but didn't know.

Very light triggers, without knowledge, are not advisable. I'm not even sure that there is ever a reason to have one less than 2, and mine is about 1.5. Prep under pressure at that point is very difficult if not impossible for the average human.

J

Edited by JThompson