Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle malfunction constantly

jdknotts1

Could be the hole in the gas block not lined up with the gas port.

This is actually a rare situation. The hole in the gas block is over twice the size of the port in the barrel.

BW%20SA%20FSB%20Cut-away%20Cropped.jpg

Yeah, but I've seen it once. That's what made me think of it, similar symptoms.

Edited by Red_SC

Try it with your original trigger group first. The only internal variable that you introduced was the trigger, so try and eliminate that possiblility. If it runs with your original trigger, then you have your answer.

I'm sending my lower back to Geissele tomorrow. They said they will hook it up and make sure it doesn't bump fire anymore and make sure its up to spec. If when it comes back it works, great. If not, I will be trying the mil-spec trigger. I'm hoping I can get this trigger to work.

i had a geisselle trigger set, that gouged a groove thru the bottom of my carrier and caused issues with feeding and ejecting check to see if you have those issues.

Trapr

The Geissele trigger was the problem... Except, it was my fault not the triggers. I installed a small pin trigger group in a large pin receiver. Sent my lower back to Geissele. They said this condition will cause bump fires, and consistent malfunctions. They are replacing the trigger with the large pin and only charging me the difference. I'm confident this problem is over.

I will say that I have NEVER had such a great customer service experience with any company. I would recommend them to anyone. Hopefully I'll have it back by the end of the week. I have a couple range days next week. Hopefully I'll be updating that my rifle is back to normal. Thanks for all the input guys

I agree with everyone else. This sounds like a gas issue. Have you changed ammo?

Also, make sure you're lubed up real well. I had the same problem at the range one day. I discovered my gun was dry. A little motor oil from the shop fixed the problem immediately.

Darren

I agree with everyone else. This sounds like a gas issue. Have you changed ammo?

Also, make sure you're lubed up real well. I had the same problem at the range one day. I discovered my gun was dry. A little motor oil from the shop fixed the problem immediately.

Darren

While I have yet to confirm, I do believe it was the trigger causing my problems. From my previous post on this thread, I installed the wrong trigger in my lower. Bill Geissele said this will cause malfunctions. I have a range day on Tuesday where I'll probably shoot through 500 or so rounds. I'll give an update after then.

I don't think it is the gas system. I haven't changed anything. When I took the barrel off to install my Troy rail, I cleaned the tube and inspected the gas block assbmly. These problems didn't start til I installed the WRONG trigger for my receiver. Geissele replaced the trigger with the correct one and just got it back today. Feels very nice.

Replace the gas tube and make sure its lined up and bent properly. Its possible that when you replaced HGs the tube does not line up. Take only the Carrier and drop it in the upper reciever. If you feel resistance then going forward then the gas tube is hitting the gas key on top of the carrier. Bend tube so it does not. Lube the hell out of the bolt and carrier and with a clean chamber try some factory ammo. If your shooting with too slow powder with a carbine gas system you could have some issues like if your shooting rl15 or varget with 55 or lighter bullets.

Went to the range today with the CORRECT trigger in my lower. I shot about 250 rounds and the rifle worked flawlessly. I have a pretty good feeling it was the trigger. Still feel like an idiot putting the wrong trigger in. Thanks Geissele for taking care of my mistake. You have a a repeat customer here!