Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy stippled backstraps for M&P

JoseyWalesX

replacement one are extremely cheap, so i used an old soldering iron and did my own since i had very little to loose. you would be surprised how easy it is. you can practice on the sizes that you dont use. a soldering iron can be found for $15 or cheaper. i know price has gone up by now but i bought mine at sears for less then $10 about 7 years ago. If you do buy one from SSS i think they are in the vendors tent!

I'd have to agree with the trying it yourself. The back straps are cheap and with a small tip on a soldering iron you could get some nice results if you take your time.

Love to stipple my front strap, but if I screw it up, I have to live with it or buy a new frame, not cheap.

Edited by jdphotoguy

I also stippled the front, and then bought some talon grip tape. You can cut off the backstrap part of the tape and it will almost look like the tape and stippling are factory. I did end up taking the tape off because I decided the stipple was more agressive. But consider that option if you dont want to get stuck with something you cant change