Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm very unhappy...(update: Now I'm Happy)

JFD

I know how you feel, for 4 years I've run a sunday night indoor IDPA style shoot. Every Sunday night too, not just once a month. We've had upwards of 20 shooters at the shoots, and usually only 3 or 4 guys would actually help out. After we all shot a stage we'd tear down, and rebuild a new one. the more hands the better, but again, usually only 3 or 4 would offer to help, I'd have to yell at the other schmucks to get off their asses and come help us. we'd usually shoot 4 or 5 stages a night, around 100 to 120 rounds, in 3 to 3.5 hours. Lately it's been slow with the regulars finding reasons not to come out, and in fact I've lost a lot of the drive to keep doing it. I've missed maybe 10 or 11 nights in those 4 years and haven't yet found someone to take over for me when I go back to school this fall. Very likely no one will, and it'll go into hibernation till I find a job next year. Either that or it'll be dead for good. It's too bad as we had a lot of fun.

You sound like me at the last match. With only 6 people there, it was easy to see who wasn't doing anything. Basically I told them they could help or go home. We were tearing down stages as we shot them, as I didn't feel like taking the chance of getting stuck with the entire tear down at my last match.

I now have directions to the Spartanburg match, and even know what time it starts. I'll be shooting that match this Saturday for sure.

I'm easy to spot, as I'm the only shooter I know who smokes while shooting.

The Spartanburg match was really fun. Haven't gotten the results yet, but after tanking the first stage I doubt I did much of anything. Attempted to tailor today's practice toward fixing my mistakes.

My match is not quite dead yet. We're going to try and generate enough support to beg or steal the 4th Sunday away from our club's outlaw match. This would eliminate outside competition, and help has been promised from several people if we can shoot on the 4th Sunday.

This would mean diving into the ugly world of club politics, which I could do without. Oh well, at least it doesn't involve sweating my butt off for 16 hours.

Whatever....I'm going to enjoy my (temporary) freedom and shoot the Columbia match next. Will shoot the Cherokee match in August for sure, as I've heard nothing but good things about it. These guys also support the SC State match, so I need to return some of that support.