Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the match is billed as a 2 1/2 day match however it starts on Thursday and goes to Sunday (Sept 30 - Oct 3). Is Thursday (Sept 30th) the scheduled day for RO's/Staff to shoot or is the match really spread out over 4 days?

Steven,

It's for the RO's/Staff. Due to some tool a few years ago getting the RO's scores removed from a match (Area 1 I think) because they shot it before the "advertised" dates MD's are adding the RO/staff shoot days to the applications. You will be shooting Friday - Sunday (or some fraction thereof).

Rich

Here's the match application: Area 1 Championships

TDean,

You're probably going to be getting a bounce back in a day or so as Monte isn't the MD for Area 1 and he doesn't use that address anymore.

Try contacting Ken Chambers at: kccarson@sbcglobal.net

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still contemplating this one...

I don't know the Reno area at all. How far is the airport from everything? Where's the range located? Where's everyone staying?

jeeze... I don't even know what questions to ask! :lol:

Sniper,

I'm still contemplating this one...

That makes two of us. I want to shoot the match as it's a couple of hours drive from the house, but 2.5 days is a little harsh for 12 stages.

I don't know the Reno area at all. How far is the airport from everything? Where's the range located? Where's everyone staying?

Airport (and really everything) is about 20-30 minutes from Reno (if that). The range is closest to Sparks and is about a 20 minute drive from town.

If I go, I'll be staying in Sparks as Reno isn't that far away and it's closer to the range.

jeeze... I don't even know what questions to ask! 

Yes you do. Of course, they usually start with, "Jeff...can you fix my gun?" ;)

Rich

Airport (and really everything) is about 20-30 minutes from Reno (if that).  The range is closest to Sparks and is about a 20 minute drive from town.

I'm not sure this information really helps me either. I need a map, daggumit! Then I can try to figure out what will work best for me.

It would be nice if they posted this information on their website. :(

Yes you do.  Of course, they usually start with, "Jeff...can you fix my gun?"  ;)

You mean, "Jeff... can you fix your gun that I broke... then give it back to me? Oh, and I need it today."

:lol:

Any one know who the MD is? I want to know if the price hike went into effect. I still haven't sent my form in yet. 2 months seems l awefully early to raise the price of the match.

I was talking with a friend last night, and she brought up a good point. With no match schedule announced, how can the match staff legitimize the increased fee, when out of town shooters that are flying can't schedule their returns without knowing the schedule for Sunday?

Little much to ask folks to guess a return flight time when they have to be at work likely the next morning. I know I don't want to take the 'red eye' unless I have to (fortunately I only live 2 hours from the range, but still).

Rich

I was talking with a friend last night, and she brought up a good point.  With no match schedule announced, how can the match staff legitimize the increased fee, when out of town shooters that are flying can't schedule their returns without knowing the schedule for Sunday?

I wonder who that whiney, complainey PIA was... ???

ong45, thanks for the notification! NOW the website makes a little sense. :blink: I was feeling very lost and confused... :unsure:

:D

Any chance shooters can register at the range on Friday morning? My plane isn't scheduled to leave Seattle until 7PM on Thursday.

I gotta believe it's alright. Just alert the MD and let him know that's your plan.

Rich

I wonder who that whiney, complainey PIA was... ???

:huh: I dunno. ;)

• 4 weeks later...