Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Impact 3D .45 ACP Brass

TriggerT

I got a bunch of components from a friend of mine who has decided he is getting to old for IPSC. :wacko: Anyway, included in with the itmes is 500 NEW, and Primed "Impact 3D .45 Auto" cases. I have never heard of these guys. I looked on the box the brass came in and it says Remington in small print. Is this brass made by Remington? Is it any good? I know .45 brass doesn't need to have the tollerances that say .38 Super does, but if it is junk I don't want to put it through one of my good guns either. A little help if you please.

i can't comment on who made the brass but i've shot brass with 3 D on it and it worked fine.......i'd pop a few of the primers before i loaded it just to make sure that they are OK or if you're not sure about the primers just knock them out when you're loading the brass and put new ones in....but i'd probably shoot'em as is....Dick

My 45s springfield, Kimber, and Les Bear get feed any kind of brass I can find and I keep feeding them until the cases split. :D I have a friend who will even shoot the split ones from his Baer. :wacko:

I have never heard of any 45 being damaged by any kind of brass.

If you're unsure I'd be willing to "check out" all that brass for you ;)

Dan

3d is good stuff, in my buckets of brass, i have only found one brand of 45 brass that sucks, it says A MERC on the headstamp, all of the older stuff is garbage, im not sure bout the newer stuff, as i no longer load it. if you have a lee FCD it will generally fix the bulging \

i still dont have much faith, as a guy blew up his new glock 36 with only 3 rounds of Amerc factory ammo. scarystuff