Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

hand position

treefarmer

I would like to know what your hand/hands position ( exactly where your strong and weak hands are positioned ) while shooting. I understand the higher the grip the better recoil control. Just how high do you place the support hand? Thanks for all advice T. F.

I would like to know what your hand/hands position ( exactly where your strong and weak hands are positioned ) while shooting. I understand the higher the grip the better recoil control. Just how high do you place the support hand? Thanks for all advice T. F.

There is a good video on YouTube of todd jarrett showing proper hand positioning. Try searching for that.

Your strong hand should be as high on the gun as it can be, functionally speaking. Your weak hand fingers wrap around the fingers of your strong hand that are on the grip. The meaty part of your weak hand will then rest on the weakhand side of the grip. Both thumbs point forward with your strong hand thumb on top. Your weak hand should be rolled forward creating an angle. That angle is the key. It is rolled forward almost like a rams head. That angle will create a strong grip that will help you control recoil. That's about the best I can describe it without a photo. Goggle Bob Vogel or Dave Sevigny and check out a photo of them. It will be obviously what I am describing when you see it.

Your strong hand should be as high on the gun as it can be, functionally speaking. Your weak hand fingers wrap around the fingers of your strong hand that are on the grip. The meaty part of your weak hand will then rest on the weakhand side of the grip. Both thumbs point forward with your strong hand thumb on top. Your weak hand should be rolled forward creating an angle. That angle is the key. It is rolled forward almost like a rams head. That angle will create a strong grip that will help you control recoil. That's about the best I can describe it without a photo. Goggle Bob Vogel or Dave Sevigny and check out a photo of them. It will be obviously what I am describing when you see it.

Actually, you did a pretty darn good job of describing MY grip! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...