Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 1911/40SW for California?

kimberacp

does it have a magazine disconnect? A loaded round indicator? Titanium firing pin for the drop test?

If not, its not likely to make it into california unless you do a singleshot exemption.

It says it is CA Compliant in the "Specifications" tab.

I don't think 1911s have to have a mag disconnect becuse of the grip and thumb safeties..

If you have any doubts just look it up in the roster it's self..

The roster list can be found with a simple google search :)

does it have a magazine disconnect? A loaded round indicator? Titanium firing pin for the drop test?

If not, its not likely to make it into california unless you do a singleshot exemption.

It says it is CA Compliant in the "Specifications" tab.

i think that would be great if it was but the way i understand it to work, guns that are already on the list are grandfathered in from new requirements. Some of the new requirements are things like a mag disconnect and loaded indicator. Looking at the list now, sig actually has a few 1911's on the list so lets hope i'm wrong.

The idea of "already on the list are grandfathered in from new requirements", I think doesn't work because Sig never had a 40cal on the list. Only 45"s, example...SV under the DOJ list SV has a single stack and a wide body listed as a 45acp, so Californian's wanting a 40 buy the 45 from SV, sent it back for a rebarreling to 40 cal.

So, why doesn't SV submitt a 40 cal to the DOJ for a "grandfathering" onto the list?

Now, BarSto submitted a 40 cal before they ever sold one to the public, knowing of the new requirements coming, from DOJ.

They submitted a 40 before the deadline and they were set.

Who knows...I just hope someone is able to get one on the list at a reasonable cost. :rolleyes:

Edited by kimberacp

The external extractor may also serve as a loaded chamber indicator.

Rumor has it all new CA compliant SIG's have a loaded chamber indicator on the top of the slide....

talking about it on sigforum, http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/8500095772

I do believe it has been confirmed they are doing this for 1911's also, but i am not sure.

I live in a free state without all the liberal tree huggy BS, so i haven't followed it to closely.

Edited by DsWright