Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting too fast?

pops1982

Ok But my question is this, I noticed on a couple of the COF’s in Saturdays match which I shot well (like a solid B shooter would) with quick times and descent hits but I felt close to it becoming a train wreck. I mean I felt I was shooting right to the limit of how fast I could (maybe a smidge faster even) and still get descent hits.

Do you feel this way sometimes during COF’s? Is the good/normal or am I going too fast?

You are right where you need to be man. I really believe that you cant win in this sport unless you are pushing hard enough that you feel making a mistake is a possibility.

I think the answer to your question is to train to shoot with that aggression level, get it under control, and then look to ramp up the speed even more. That is the path to progressing forward.

• 4 weeks later...

I think, as most have said on this thread, that I have been doing it right. Seems the last few matches my shooting skill is catching up with my speed and its starting to come together. As stated earlier I've been shooting about 1.5 years now and I'm starting to shoot consistantly at a high C or low B class level but more importantly the confidence is building allowing me to really shoot well here and there. The plan is for the shooting really well thing to happen more often than not. And all of this is happening with little range time other than matches and almost no dry fire practice. Just think what could be possible if I did those things. :blush:

Thanks for all the replies.

Dean

I was glad to read this because I am struggling to find balance between speed and accuracy.

I hate to see the two pitted against one another.

I think it is better to figure out how they can co-exist.

Agreed. Thats whats starting to happen and the reason I'm finishing higher in recent matches.

I was glad to read this because I am struggling to find balance between speed and accuracy.

I hate to see the two pitted against one another.

I think it is better to figure out how they can co-exist.

I think my biggest problem is being impatient! I totally expect myself to do way better than what I am currently capable of instead of just relaxing and doing my best. I think that interferes with them coexisting! :)