Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 Shadow weight?

Higgins

I am thinking of getting a 75 shadow for SSP and was wondering if anyone knew the weight w/empty mag. I had an SP01 and had a lot of issues making weight without making alot of less than optimal choices.

Thanks

Yeah, they make it under 39ozs, not lots to spare though... Depending on which mags and/or grips you choose you can easily push the fixed-rear version over, different combos add up differently that close to 39ozs, so keep that in-mind. For instance, VZ grips or the factory plastic grips and the factory 19rd mags will make it, VZ's and the 16rd Mec-Gar's w/ the $9 rubber base pads are scary close, the 17rd Mec-Gar AFC mags (one of the lightest mag choices) with the factory rubber grips (which are kind of heavy) may or may not depending on the particular gun, etc...

FWIW, the adjustable-rear "T" version is lighter and leaves a lot more room...

Yeah, they make it under 39ozs, not lots to spare though... Depending on which mags and/or grips you choose you can easily push the fixed-rear version over, different combos add up differently that close to 39ozs, so keep that in-mind. For instance, VZ grips or the factory plastic grips and the factory 19rd mags will make it, VZ's and the 16rd Mec-Gar's w/ the $9 rubber base pads are scary close, the 17rd Mec-Gar AFC mags (one of the lightest mag choices) with the factory rubber grips (which are kind of heavy) may or may not depending on the particular gun, etc...

Really? What makes the "T" version lighter? Just the adjustable sight??? I have the T so that's good to know.

Really? What makes the "T" version lighter? Just the adjustable sight??? I have the T so that's good to know.

If it has an LPA sight then the sight is cutinto the slide loosing a good bit of material. This may account for the lighter between the two.

Just weighed mine in at 37.6 oz. Mine has the fixed sight and was weighed with empty 19 round mag and plastic grips.