Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My son turned the 18

snowtop

Just a proud father showing off one of his prides & joys. My son turned 18 today, it was just yesterday I held the little feller in my arms for the first time. Wow time goes by fast, I thank the good lord everyday for my family I am very blessed.

post-34731-0-96195700-1327022403_thumb.j

My wife and I who are newly married are trying to have our first child... honestly.... I'm scared to death! I hope to enjoy what every other father is entitled to, but pray to GOD he or she doesn't behave like their father did in high school/college.. lets just say I've "enjoyed" my adolescence... :devil:

I am beginning to have an understanding as to why my father has so many grey hairs...

Edited by donbryant993

My wife and I who are newly married are trying to have our first child... honestly.... I'm scared to death! I hope to enjoy what every other father is entitled to, but pray to GOD he or she doesn't behave like their father did in high school/college.. lets just say I've "enjoyed" my adolescence... :devil:

I am beginning to have an understanding as to why my father has so many grey hairs...

you won't truly understand until he/she starts to drive!

Brandrum I like to say congrats on your daughter an your family too. Yes it is hard to raise a good kid these days, I teach the teen boy's class at church all I have to say is wow they have it hard, times are very different. Both my children are honor students, not on drugs and they attend church. As I said I am blessed. Yes driving is the hardest part of being a dad but I think leaving him at college is going to be worst he or she wont be coming home everyday. To be honest I dont know how my parents did it with out cell phones like we have. Good luck Donbryant993, being a father is wonderful. Thanks to all.

Yes, Congrats.

I look at all the stuff I used to do as a kid and wonder how my dad let me do what I did. I was riding my dirt bike to the gas station by age 8. I pumped and paid myself. I would be out on my own riding in the desert for hours upon hours. Home by dark. My son is 6 and I don't let him walk 8 houses down the street by himself. I was very independant, but I was also given the freedom to be so. I find it hard to let the leash out that far, but we live in the city. I grew up in the desert, WAY out of town.