Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Lock Problems

Higgins

I have a 220 SS elite that engages slide lock on last round about half the time. Gun only has around 300 hounds ran through it, have 4 mags, and have used several brands of ammo. I have ruled out mags and maybe ammo. I recall reading that European ammo is hotter than domestic ammo and am wandering if the gun may be designed as such? Anyway, feel free to offer any suggestions.

Thanks!!!

I am not super familiar with that exact gun,but I know that when I shot my P226 my thumb would occasionally rest on the slide lock which would keep it from engaging

Thanks for the suggestion. I shot about 50 rounds today and made sure my thumb was not on the slide release buttom. The slide lock functioned properly 7 out of 11 times. I'm still thinking the reciol spring may be a little stiff. However, I am not as familiar with Sigs as I am 1911's.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought. If you are shooting outside in the cold with the new gun, the extra viscosity of the lube may just be enough to keep the slide from going all the way back, assuming the correct spring is in the gun to begin with. If the slide doesn't have excessive drag manually, just for kicks, add some oil to the slide and rails and try it again.

Joe

Just a thought. If you are shooting outside in the cold with the new gun, the extra viscosity of the lube may just be enough to keep the slide from going all the way back, assuming the correct spring is in the gun to begin with. If the slide doesn't have excessive drag manually, just for kicks, add some oil to the slide and rails and try it again.

Joe

Thanks for the input. I will give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyway, feel free to offer any suggestions
First, I'd start by numbering all of your magazines so you can see if the problem is limited to a one or two mags. In the future, when you have a lock back problem, write down the mag number.

To eliminate your grip as being the cause, shoot the gun with only your left hand. Load up all of your magazines with one round and keep cycling through, if it always locks back, it's your grip.

Edited by rijndael