Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shared casefeeder?

So I caught myself in an assumption so old and unchallenged, I just assumed it was true without question.

When the 650 came on the market, priced without the "optional" but ridiculous to do without casefeeder, I assumed it was because many 1050 users might be looking for a cheaper press and could share the casefeeder they already owned.

Now I'm wondering, it that true and does that work?

I have a 1050. I'm tooling up for an oddball caliber, and now am wondering....

Anyone else share a casefeeder between your 1050 and 650? If so, did you simply buy the stand seperately, or did you need to get creative?

If you can buy the "arm" the casefeeder mounts on separately... just swapping the casefeeder itself should be super simple.

The arm is included in the kit with the 650, regardless of whether you got the casefeeder itself.

If you can buy the "arm" the casefeeder mounts on separately... just swapping the casefeeder itself should be super simple.

The arm is included in the kit with the 650, regardless of whether you got the casefeeder itself.

Thank-You! That was one bit of information I was wondering about.

Now I need to double check that the tube that the cases slide down is the same part number.

How can anyone load on a 650 without a case feeder?

You either have to reach back with your right hand to drop a case in where the tube would go (I have done this with a friend's new 650) or get up every 20-25 rounds to fill the tube (I tried this and didn't like it). It took about 30 minutes for my friend to decide to get the case feeder ASAP.

How can anyone load on a 650 without a case feeder?

You either have to reach back with your right hand to drop a case in where the tube would go (I have done this with a friend's new 650) or get up every 20-25 rounds to fill the tube (I tried this and didn't like it). It took about 30 minutes for my friend to decide to get the case feeder ASAP.

Right. That's why I say in my Dillon Product info section - if you don't get a Casefeeder with the 650, after loading for about 15 minutes, you will wish you had it.

be