Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magnetic mag pouch holders in Production

GrumpyOne

I'll admit that 2012 will be my fourth year shooting Prod, and had no clue magnets were allowed. I particiated in Area 5 last year, shot at 4 different clubs, yet did not notice other Prod shooters using magnetc retention. I feel so ignorant....

Well, you still have a year to use them, so.....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I use a magnet. Just one. I put my LAMR mag on it. As a total newb I read the rules, to me they read like the magnet was a no go. Has anyone seen a shooter in production using ONLY magnetic holders?? Seems like it wouldn't be wise. So why the uprise over a ruling if no one has a belt full of magnets? Just for stages where the mags are on the table at start? I guess if I read that magnets are a no go I probably shouldn't have put one on the belt. However, it did come with the pouch so....

I voted to keep legal but that is just because I'm a cheep do-it your self-er, I don't have one on my production rig but I do have one I use on my single stack, I glued some magnets I found at work to the back side of my mag pouch and I stick my emergency mag there. I didn't do it to be speedy just cheap.

Have to admit I have never seen them....

you've seen me shoot...

I have, but have never seen your pouches! Too busy watching the gun!!

Funny, in all the years I have been running you at major matches, I can say that I have never noticed that you had a magnetic holder, never really noticed your mag pouches. The Blue gun, the blue outfits, the great shooting, but never the mag holders. Of course, I don't think I have ever clipboard RO'd you, either!

Edited by vluc

Well, after talking with various AD's, including the founder of the SS division, I can understand the reasoning behind banning them, but that doesn't make me like the decision. I can honestly say that I have one on my belt, but have actually never used it in a match. The whole reason I put one on my belt was, I had shot 5 matches in 2 months last year, and of those 5 matches, 3 had stages with unloaded starts and all mags on a table. I put the magnet on the belt, and have never had a chance to use it in a match, which is why it baffled me that it is such a hotly debated subject.

• 8 months later...

Magnetic mag holders are unfair to Glock boyz...which is probably who came up with the proposal...

If I wanna tie it around me neck, who cares? I shot a stage last weekend where I sure could have used one or two.

my glock mag sits perfectly on my magnet