Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Limited gun that runs!

ima45dv8

I'm used to running single-stack pistols that work flawlessly, so it was a heart break when I ventured back into the Limited world with a P14 that was having intermittant FTF problems. Frustrating! I've since cured them with an Aftec extractor (another thread in the making), but it still was driving me crazy that I couldn't get through a 6 stage match without problems.

I recently found a great deal on a used SVI through the USPSA ads and I'm loving it! I know I'll have to eat some words about "never having another one of those damn .40 pistols", and "I'll never reload for THAT round", but I don't mind. Anyone have a good recipe for crow?

This thing runs like a well-made watch! Thanks to Hobbs for the ammo to try this beast out and learn to love it. :wub:

All I need now is a new press from BE and I'll be set (my idea of a caliber conversion is swiveling my chair).

for 40 dont forget to buy the egw resizing die. the dillon resizing die is useless unless you grind it down. the problem with grinding is if you grind too much the carbide sleeve might fall out.

check out egw site

Guest bulm5
for 40 dont forget to buy the egw resizing die. the dillon resizing die is useless unless you grind it down. the problem with grinding is if you grind too much the carbide sleeve might fall out.

check out egw site

No problems with my dillon resizing die here. I am loading 200 zeros with V V 320 ( nice soft load)

ok, i load my brass till it breaks which is about 20 times and most of the time the base expands and it wont case guage after a while. this will cause your gun to jam especially with a match barrel like my ultimatch bull barrel

Guest bulm5
ok, i load my brass till it breaks which is about 20 times and most of the time the base expands and it wont case guage after a while. this will cause your gun to jam especially with a match barrel like my ultimatch bull barrel

Ok, that explains it I guess. I getmy brass free from the police range. I usually load my brass 1 or 2 x. hardly pick up anymore since brass is plentiful. The only thing is that the police brass I get my my source aree nasty. I have to wash them and dry them before sorting.