Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My "well I'll be" moment

Sarge

Started the drills last night. Got to the turn and draw drill and read about snapping the head to in the direction of the turn. The first time I did it I was leaps and bounds faster than my previous flawed technique of turning my whole body as a unit.

Sometimes it's the smallest things that have you saying, "well I'll be"!

cheers.gif

A few weeks ago I was in Steve's basement learning the same thing - for the El pres. I learned the "Snap & Step" - Snap the head around to the target, and (don't pivot) Step with strong foot. Several tenths faster than my old (classic old man's method according to Steve) method.

A few weeks ago I was in Steve's basement learning the same thing - for the El pres. I learned the "Snap & Step" - Snap the head around to the target, and (don't pivot) Step with strong foot. Several tenths faster than my old (classic old man's method according to Steve) method.

At least you had a technique. Steve laughed at my 'technique'. :roflol:

The snap and step is definitely faster. It has taken me a number of days to undo my old 'technique'. Head snaps, weak foot pivots and strong foot steps in direction of target. Weak foot doesn't come around until reload. I struggled with my balance initially. Do I have it right now Steve? :rolleyes:

Started the drills last night. Got to the turn and draw drill and read about snapping the head to in the direction of the turn. The first time I did it I was leaps and bounds faster than my previous flawed technique of turning my whole body as a unit.

Sometimes it's the smallest things that have you saying, "well I'll be"!

cheers.gif

Kevin,

Be sure to get Steve's 2nd book if you don't already have it It has a lot of great movement drills. I'm using a combination of both books for my training.