Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Pro trigger system replacement?

Demetrio

Hi, I have read that the trigger systems in the Stock II and Stock III are better than the one in the Limited Pro, so I was wondering: would be it possible to replace it for one of those two? If so, which would fit better?

Thanks,

Demetrio.

Edited by Demetrio

The only trigger difference between the Stock II / III and the Limited Pro is that the Stock II/III have an over travel set screw in the trigger and the Limited Pro does not. You can easily drill and tap a hole in the Limited Pro trigger to install an over travel set screw, or buy a whole new trigger lever that already has the over travel screw. The trigger lever that has the over travel set screw in it costs about $60 so its a lot cheaper to simply drill and tap your own over travel screw hole in the existing trigger lever. Other than the over travel set screw the trigger bar, sear, hammer and all the other trigger related stuff is exactly the same between all three guns.

Also be warned that drilling the hole in the Limited Pro's trigger lever and putting in a set screw takes you into gray territory if you plan on shooting the gun in USPSA Production because it it an external modification. Appendix D4 21.6 doesn't have the word "modify" in it unlike 21.5. What makes it gray is because the modification you are making is making the OEM part look like another OEM part. If you pick up a OEM trigger for a Stock II/III and install it you should be good with regards to the rules with no gray areas.

I stand corrected about the Stock III sear. It is different. But since we can't get any Stock III's here in the US its hard to know what is or isn't different.

It was a surprise to me as well when Mo posted that since I thought that Tanfoglio would stick with the same internals.

I stand corrected about the Stock III sear. It is different. But since we can't get any Stock III's here in the US its hard to know what is or isn't different.

It was a surprise to me as well when Mo posted that since I thought that Tanfoglio would stick with the same internals.

Stepping sideways, besides the barrel, are there any differences between the Match and Limited internal parts?

There is a big difference with the Limited Pro/stock2 and stock 3. Sear is two piece as compared stock 2/limited pro one piece. The disconnector on my stock2 hammer was cut down on the right side in order for it to work with the two piece sear....the trigger bar was replaced with the unit of the stock3 trigger kit. Personally, I could get used to either. The reset seems softer (ie: very quiet)..hard to explain unless you compare them side by side. The triggers are similiar,..although I feel my SA although light with the stock3 trigger system, is longer...just more sear material at the back. This could be fixed to my preference, but the sear appears to be (IMHO) a blued unit, which are usually softer. I have a new sear in my original stock2, it is light brown or goldish color. It is a good sear...hardened through out. It looks like the sear in my Open gun (it is a good sear)

Not sure what barrel you have in the stock2 (large frame) in the USA, but in Canada the stock2 9mm has a bull barrel.

Edited by Mo Hepworth