Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Your input on rifle build-3 gun

Overwatcher

Well here is what I was thinking on a new dedicated 3-gun build.

Young carrier "super light"

Spikes ST-T1 carbine buffer (3 oz.)

JP buffer spring

JP adj. GB

18" Rifle length BBL

Titan comp

Of course looking for something with the lighest felt recoil/quick snappy shots..

The feel of a rifle length buffer dosent feel as smooth as a carbine buffer,hence going with the carbine...

Let me know what you guys think,I personally have not used any of these parts..So any insight would be appricated.

I also haven't bought anything yet,so help me approve/change my mind on the build.

Thanks in advance.

Aust

Well here is what I was thinking on a new dedicated 3-gun build.

Young carrier "super light"

Spikes ST-T1 carbine buffer (3 oz.)

JP buffer spring

JP adj. GB

18" Rifle length BBL

Titan comp

Of course looking for something with the lighest felt recoil/quick snappy shots..

The feel of a rifle length buffer dosent feel as smooth as a carbine buffer,hence going with the carbine...

Let me know what you guys think,I personally have not used any of these parts..So any insight would be appricated.

I also haven't bought anything yet,so help me approve/change my mind on the build.

Thanks in advance.

Aust

Are you using a rifle stock or a carbine stock? You can't run a rifle buffer in a carbine stock or vice versa. A rifle stock will give less recoil than a carbine stock. If you want a collapsible stock go with the Vltor A5. The A5 uses a longer receiver extension and rifle size buffer/spring and will feel softer than the carbine. It was designed to work with M16A4s so it will work for your application just fine.

Thanks alot guys, and yes when it starts to come to life I'll post a few pictures.

Sniperfrog,

I have lowers with both carbine and rifle buffers/tubes,sorry for the confusion,but what I was trying to say was the feel of the recoil/cycle in a rifle buffer setup just dosent feel

as smooth to me then a carbine buffer/tube.

I ran a carbine setup all this year for 3 gun,but everything was just run of the mil spec..

There is obviously as reason why a majority of all top 3G guys run a rifle buffer,shoot maybe I'll try the JP LMOS buffer out aswell.

Any more input is appricated!

Thanks alot guys, and yes when it starts to come to life I'll post a few pictures.

I have lowers with both carbine and rifle buffers/tubes,sorry for the confusion,but what I was trying to say was the feel of the recoil/cycle in a rifle buffer setup just dosent feel

as smooth to me then a carbine buffer/tube.

Yes, please post pics!

I'm with you on the feel of the carbine setup, I had a rifle buffer and full stock on and recently switched over to a carbine setup with an ACS and I'm really liking it.

Good luck with the build