Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle on 550 with case feeder?

With just a little bit of field-expediency, it can be easily done. You need to remove the front right cam bolt, and loosen the rear right cam bolt. Now pivot the cam all the way to the right so it is out of the way. Reinstall the bolt,tighten both.( these are also the right-side mounting bolts). Now, use a piece of baling wire to secure the case feed plunger to the rear, so it is out of the way. This gives you enough room to feed rifle brass into the shellplate without requiring you to completely remove the case feed from the platform.

my option might be a little more on the extreme side, but I did a little grinding with the dremel and it works great for me.

I took enough metal off the roller bracket to work with the cam still in place. I just unbolt the platform with the Lower Feeder Assembly still attached. With all that out of the way I give everything a quick shot of air and wipe everything down. Then I install an extra platform I acquired with the modified roller bracket. If you don't have an extra platform it's just 2 screws to take it off the Lower Feeder Assembly.

Hopefully that makes sense here is a picture.

post-34074-0-12851000-1325215623_thumb.j