It's Aaaaliiiiiiiive!

Deuce

sx2_right.JPG

I don't think I'll be cuttin' 'er down to 21" :unsure:

Fiber-optic turkey sights from Winchester (green rear, red front):

sx2_sights_long.JPG

Spooky-gun: :o

sx2_right_ghost.JPG

I tried out the tube (SRM from Brownells) ... holds 9.

I have no clue if my sights are anywhere near "on" ... we'll see ... just as soon as I can figure out where to get some low-recoil slugs for a decent price.

Man that sucker's heavy! :wacko:

She's goin' to the trap range this Thursday. :D:D:D

I know ... I know ... I probably look like a dumb-@$$ amateur ... I don't care ... for now, I think it's very cool. :P

If that thing is really heavy you might not need low recoil slugs. Cool lookin' gun. Don't let the trap and skeet guys rain on your parade, not that they really will, as long as you are having fun shooting at some clay who cares?

-ld

Trap and skeet is for pansies! :P I take my duck and turkey guns to the skeet range regularly. I get a rashon of sh@$ from my buddies with there $5000 O/Us. Shoot what you use most. Good practice. Nice scatter gun. TXAG

Because shotguns are fit so sloppily you need the scope or sight on the barrel. Otherwise, when you remove and replace the barrel for cleaning, the point of impact might shift.

And because most shotguns don't have and don't need sights, so it makes no sense for the manufacturer to put sights on (or even drill and tap for sights) a mass-produced receiver.

Regarding the sights ... I thought I'd add ... for those who weren't already aware ... these Winchester fiber-optics simply fit right over the rib and have small screws along one sight that you simply tighten with an allen wrench to secure to the rib ... very simple installation.

:o:blink::(

Took the new SX2 to the range yesterday to get the sights on-line and check out a few different brands of slugs.

After shooting about 30 slugs, I went to make the final adjustment ... :o ... no rear sight. :( I looked around for quite some time to no avail.

Now I've gotta order a new rear sight, buy more slugs, and start all over again.

Also, the clamp for the bbl and mag-tube got rocked off at one point.

Also worth noting, a few times, 2 shells would come into the carrier at once and lock it up ... I had to pull the bolt all the way back to get it to let go of the top one and pull it out ... a couple times, I was able to push the bottom one back into the back thru the ejection port. I'm quite certain this is due to the strength of the new mag-tube-spring and, I might leave it fully loaded for a week or two to see if that clears things up.

For what it's worth, I couldn't find any Remington lo-recoil slugs ... I found Winchester Super-X 1600fps 1oz at Gander Mtn for $6.50/15 ... also at Gander Mtn, I found Brenneke 1oz ?fps for $2/5 ... and, at Fleet Farm, I found Federal (that new "fun" packaging they're using <_< ) for $2.10/5 for 1oz 1610fps.

I didn't get settled down enough to determine if any one was more "accurate" than any other ... mostly, I just wanted to see if any one didn't want to function ... they all functioned very reliably. The Brenneke's SEEMED softer ... maybe they were, maybe they weren't ... but, they sure did SEEM like it. All other things being equal, considering the price difference, I guess I'd go with the Brenneke's ... so long as I can't find Rem lo-recoil cheaper.

I also ran through 10rds Fed Top Gun 7.5 2.75de shells ... aside from the 2-shell at once thing, they were fine.

This was my first time ever shooting any type of slug. I was just thinking ... :o ... for whitetail within 100yds and hunting mostly in the sticks, I'd believe that a 20ga auto w/rifled bbl would be a very nice gun. :huh: Those 12ga slugs were not to be confused with .22lr ... but, I've dealt with a lot more recoil before ... certainly a lot sharper recoil ... just thinkin' out loud. ;)

Now, to get that clamp to stay in place, I've sanded the sides of my bbl and mag tube and applied some super-glue I've had laying around and ... jk :lol:

Not sure what this Thursday will bring so don't hold your breath.