Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Music Man

EricW

(Background)

http://www.themusicmanonline.com/movie_new..._movie_main.php

"There's trouble in River City!  That's Trouble with a capital 'T' which rhymes with 'D' and 'D' stands for..."

The TV premier isn't until February 23, yet I could have sworn I just saw the Music Man strutting down the street with a puffed out chest while pumping his baton up and down.  Anyone else hear trombones?

What I hate more than anything, is that I actually care.  Maybe some day, years from now, tactical tuba playing will actually have meaning for me.

Naahhhhhh....

Tactical Tuba Playing???

Them thar ar fightin wards boy!!!  You've never seen the Purdue All Amercian Marching Band's Base's (sousaphones/tubas) do "Battle Swagger".  Its a sight, and its nasty (especially if you are the unlucky bystander caught between ranks).  

This one time, at bandcamp...

Well, I don't know much about bands but I do know that you can't make a living selling big Trombones...

(tactical or not...hehe).

I remember it as well.....

As part of my early musical training I had a choice between listening to Mitch Miller records or the Music Man, as that is all my Mom had in her limited collection and my Dad was tone deaf.

Guess which one I listened to??

(I really gave mitch an honest try..).

I didn't have a radio and the TV only had 3 stations.

1.  News

2.  News

3.  The Indian test pattern

I watched the Indian test pattern and listened to the music man....

Fond memories......

As a side not though I was the 1st chair Sax man all through school including "band camp"...hehe

Say what you will about "band camp", but all the girls loved the sax. if you know what I mean....

All those hours marching made walking/running whilst shooting seem like 2nd nature......

Thanks Eric,

I not only hear the trombones but I can see their sight lift and return on the music page....