Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15 ONLY COMPETITION?

G34 CORDY

The High Plains Shooting Challenge was a rifle only match last summer in OK. You could shoot rimfire or centerfire division. This match was a great time and will go back again. This year it will be a shotgun only match. They run shotgun and rifle alternateing years.

Steel City Sports Shooting Association ( in Alabama)has monthly and a yearly tactical rifle match that I have been meaning to attend (without success :( ). The yearly match might be of interest to your friend.

Edited by Blueridge

I found a USTRA match at Custer WA on youtube and it looks like alot of fun, setup just like USPSA but with AR Type rifles. I hope to see more clubs setting up matches like this, I believe it would be a big hit.

Did you find the videos when they were shooting last month and it was so cold that they couldn't feel the mag release buttons? :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Costal Bend Shooters in Corpus Christi Tx has a carbine match 1st sunday of every month and the Tx Carbine Championship in Feb. There is another club, Texas Carbine, in Corpus that has matches that can be shot with either carbine or pistol. Costal Bend web site is www.cbshooters.com. Texas Carbine contact info is at Texas Carbine.Com. Both of those clubs are 150 miles south of you.-----------Larry

Edited by Larry White