Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting odd blisters from my 5.25 XDm

Aglifter

Once, I got one on the inside of my strong hand pinkie - on the tip, where it would rest against my ring finger. The other just on the other side of my Aggie Ring on my strong hand.

Any ideas? I admit my hands aren't particularly callused right now, but they haven't gone completely soft...

I never had any calluses from any other gun, and I don't seem to notice them while shooting.

Any ideas?

I found the XDM grip slippery and for me this seemed to cause more wear on my hands. I used 3m grip tape (made for ladder steps) from a hardware store and wrapped my grips. Now my hand sticks like glue and the problem was solved.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the "bump" you guys mentioned from work. Its the off-season, so my calluses are a bit less, but I have the usual bumps along the joints in my fingers - it was the wear on the side of my pinkie I thought was so strange.

I bought some Brooks Agrip, since I carry these as well - I'll see if that helps. Somehow, I think my ring must be getting worked around by the gun, since it is wearing the skin near it quite a bit...

Its probably the "slickest" gun I've ever shot, I guess that's why it's wearing my skin, when nothing else ever did... (Well, aside from revolvers, but those just slash at you...)

• 4 weeks later...