Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What if anything should I add to my Stag?

ddj8052

Hi guys and gals.

I own a Stag 2T which I have been using for 3 gun, as well as a HD/SHTF rifle. The gun has been flawless for me (yes I know sample of one etc.). I have owned the gun for a little over 3 years and it has about 5,000 rounds through it, actually slightly more but this number is based on how many cases of Hornady training rounds I have purchased and shot through, The number does not include any other ammo I have shot through the rifle. The gun has run 100% with the only exception being the short time I tried a JP adjustable gas block, and all of those problems were directly related to the gas block. Since then I have replaced the JP with a low profile YH block.

I am currently in the upgrading mood and would like opinions on what parts I should replace to bring the rifle up to par. I will also add, that when tax time comes around, I intend to pick up a DD or BCM as a dedicated SHTF/HD rifle and leave the Stag as my dedicated 3 gun rifle. I will also switch to a mid length gas system once the barrel is shot out.

So far this is what I have replaced or added to my rifle:

-JP Trigger group with anti walk pins

-JP ambi Safety

-JP LE-M Modular Hand guard rifle length.

-Miculeck Compensator

-YH low profile gas block

-Badger Ordinance extended charging latch.

-Arredando Mag Well

-U-15 Stock, This is a California thing. Ugly but surprisingly functional.

-Dueck Defense Offset sights.

-Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4 on an ADM QD mount

Everything else is stock. I am thinking about picking up a BCM complete BCG as well as the BCM charging handle. I am open to any other suggestions.

I would appreciate any thought on my build as well as any suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

Juan

Edited by ddj8052

If you are going to change out the BCG, get a JP LMOS carrier and enhanced bolt. I agree, the best thing to change is probably the barrel. It won't be shot out for a LONG time. You can likely sell it on ARF to offset the cost of a new one. 16" with mid-length gas or 18" with rifle length gas, the 18 will be a softer shooter, the 16 will handle a little better. If you are still feeling like upgrading, I'd sell the Arredondo mag well and Dueck sights and pick up a better 1-4 scope like a Burris MTAC. You could also add a nice Carbon Feather forend onto your JP nut.