Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade-Tech 1911 mag pouches, different sizes?

GregJ

This summer I had ordered/received some Blade-Tech SS mag pouches from Midway. I had ordered 4, and then one more at a later date. They were all the same part number (Midway number 738585), but the pouches are different sizes. I need to put another order in for more, but before I do I thought I would see if anyone else had run into this. I plan on calling BT tomorrow to see what they say.

I know I should have done something about it at the time, but life has a tendendancy to get in the way. <_<

post-31828-0-04769500-1322697087_thumb.j

Edited by GregJ

• 1 month later...

I know it's been a while, but I finally got in two more of the #738585 1911 SS mag holsters, and wouldnt you know it, they are yet a different height. :wacko: In between the 4 tall ones I got last spring, and the one short one I got at the end of summer. :angry:

I sent a letter to Blade-Tech tech support, basically asking them WTH is going on (I was nice). Will be interesting to see the reply, if I get one. The second one in the pic is one of the two I just got. :angry2: If I get stuck with these, I'll have my son put them on his belt in order of height - front to rear.

post-31828-0-46456100-1325882945_thumb.j

Edited by GregJ

I had a similar experience with Bladetech. I ordered two single stack pouches directly from Bladetech, then later ordered three more from Shooter's Connection. The first two are slightly shorter than the other three, and appear to be made a little differently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I follow back up on this. I finally got a very nice response from Blade-Tech. I called the cust service rep that had emailed me, and she put in a new order for 7 mag pouches, as well as a return shipping label so I can send the old ones back. The production manager was very interested in this, and wanted to make sure they figured the problem out.

So far, I'm very pleased with their CS. :cheers: