Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 gear question (holsters, mags)

hax

i have 2 questions. I am just getting into the sport and need some help with small rules and knowledge

what type of holster should i get for my 2011 uspsa limited pistol. Can you use the same holster for ipsc standard?

what size of mag with size of base plate do you use for ipsc standard and uspsa limited.

thank you very much for all the info smiley face

You are going to get many different suggestions for a holster from many different shooters. I would personally recommend a Blade Tech DOH, but plenty of people use race holsters... I just don't think I'm good enough to take advantage of a $150+ holster. My draw isn't what makes me suck :roflol: Yes you can use the same holster for Limited/Standard.

The magazines must be no longer than 140mm long and most tubes/basepads out there will be proper length. Check out Grams, Bolen and Dawson Precision for basepads.

I am sure someone else will have some other sug gestions for you :cheers:

For limited I really like the DAA Racemaster Holster and Pouches I got from Chuck, Mike and Barry at Shootersconnection.com

The holster is as secure as they come when locked and then smooth as butter to draw from, with the ability to adjust just about every angle so you can get it where you want. The mag pouches are rock solid and also very secure.

Not cheap but you get what you pay for IMO.

thank you

and i really like your sig bbbean "Formerly Fastest of the Slow Shooters, Currently Slowest of the Fast Shooters"

Edited by hax

what type of holster should i get for my 2011 uspsa limited pistol. Can you use the same holster for ipsc standard?

Any holster suitable for Limited under USPSA should be fine for IPSC Standard Division. Under IPSC Standard rules, you'll have to keep your equipment behind the hip bone, like in USPSA Production or Single-Stack.

what size of mag with size of base plate do you use for ipsc standard and uspsa limited.

For IPSC Standard you'd be looking for 126mm magazines with +1 or +2 basepads. The Double-Alpha Academy basepads are probably the the largest basepad you'll be able to put on, and still be able to make your gun fit in the IPSC box. The Dawson IPSC box rule basepads will also fit.