Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

where to find 24" barrel for 1100

BoomerG20

Iv'e just started 3-Gun this year and am looking to upgrade some of my equipment. The first thing is the Remy 1100 I'm using. I started out with a pretty standard 1100 and added all the bells and whistles. I'm running a +5 mag extension and want the barrel flush to the end of the mag tube, I had an old 30" fixed barrel and had it cut and tubes installed, it shoots shot fantastic but won't group slugs worth a crap, I've tried many different brands of slugs too and no luck, not only that but it will "walk" the slugs to the left as the barrel heats up. So now I'm looking to replace that barrel and am having ZERO luck. Are there any manufactures out there, or any custom shops that list complete barrels on thier sites?

Thanks,

BoomerG20

Shooting at 35yards offhand, slow fire, the groups are roughly 8" and centered 3" left, when I shoot faster they start walking to the high left as the barrel heats up. I've been shooting competitivley for 8+ years and I know it's not me. When I was only shooting shot through it there was no problem, but it has been a PITA from day one with slugs, I'm looking to get something I can shoot both slugs and shot through without worrying about "Kentucky windage".

BoomerG20

If you are concerned about it shooting slugs then you should be looking for one of the slug barrels but I don't think they come shorter than 26". The TAC-4 has a 4 round extension with a 22" barrel and it looks flush so a 5 round extension with a 26" may be as close as you are going to get.