Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

November 3-gun at CCC Shooters

The November 3-gun match at CCC Shooters will be Nov. 26 & 27, 2011. This is a one day match that you can shoot one day or both.

Our facility is geared for movement and long range shooting and we use those assets in our 3-gun stages. If you want to train-up for the big shoots this will be a great place to test yourself physically and find out how you can handle targets out to 600+ yards.

Stages are posted on our website at CCC Shooters

FredQ

I've been watching the weather front in west Texas and it looks like it will be mid day tomorrow when it hits here.

I am going forward with the shoot for tomorrow. Sunday will be clear and cool but windy.

All the targets have been painted and checked tonight so its up to Mother Nature now...

If anything changes I will post around 5:00am with update.

FredQ

Just started light rain at 5:00am. Front will pass by 9:00. I will be at the range but if you can wait till tomorrow to shoot it will be better weather then. It I will be ready for anyone that shows today. Rain forecast is .25 in if that's true we can deal with

FredQ

MATCH ON! After raining all morning the range has dried up real well. I walked all the courses this evening around 4:30 and they are all in good shape. Parking areas are solid, no mud just damp sand. The wind will continue to dry the area over night.

The wind will be an issue for the long range targets. Tonight the wind was blowing 20 gusting to 25 and coming straight from the 625 yard target but 9:00 to the 500 yard plate. Tomorrow will likely be the same...

Registration will be at the club house starting at 8:00am. When you cross the wooden bridge turn left and park past the building in the field.

FredQ

Wind was the worst we have ever had at this range, gust to 50 mph a couple of times. Hard to keep poppers and shotgun targets up. But everyone endured and seemed to enjoy the challange.

Scores are posted here

Thanks for all the help today.

FredQ

Wind was the worst we have ever had at this range, gust to 50 mph a couple of times. Hard to keep poppers and shotgun targets up. But everyone endured and seemed to enjoy the challange.

Scores are posted here

Thanks for all the help today.

FredQ

The wind was cold and tough. Nick and I had a great time, thanks for all the help. Nick is hooked after his second time out. Time to look for a shotgun for him. My brother has gone to and watched several other matches with me and said this was the best type of shooting he has seen. He had a blast just watching and helping out.

gerritm