Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arm prep for shooting 6.5 inch 610

Guninhand

I'm just getting into shooting a 610 Classic in IPSC and it's a heavy gun. Getting the shorter barreled version with fluted cylinder is not an option. To avoid forearm and elbow strain I've been doing low weight/ high reps (15lbs/40-50reps) pushing straight up while on my back and curls while sitting.

I'm wondering if/when I should up the weight and do less reps, or just keep doing more reps as my endurance improves? Or, still sticking with the low weight, do more variations in arm exercise (Left circle, right circle)..?? :rolleyes:

I dunno.. I have one of these and while it is long, it doesn't weigh too much more than my limited gun with a full 19 rounds of 40 cal ammo in it. The one thing I noticed when taking Jerry Miculek's class is that it needs new grips. The Hogue grips have been good to me, but they got annoying firing that many rounds in a couple days. I think maybe the pachmayer presentation grips would be better for me.. Anyway, Um, anything that would give you more hand strength would be a good idea. Week hand shooting is definitely interesting :lol:

Vince