Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MG 124gr JHP vs. PD 124gr JHP

Okie-Glocker

I see PD offers 100 count sample packs. Anyone have recommendations for/against their 147gr FMJ or FMJ-TC? I'd be shooting them from a selection of 9mm Glocks.

I shot a couple thousand of the PD 147 TC's from my CZ 85 when I shot Production. Those bullets over 3.2 grains of Solo 1000 at 1.142" got me a plaque at my very first major match, 3rd C Production at the 2007 Ohio Section Championship. :cheers: In my gun they shot to point of aim and functioned flawlessly. If current production is what it was then I wouldn't hesitate to try out a 100. They are a true FMJ with an exposed lead base if that matters.

If you want a fully encapsulated bullet, the Montana Gold 147 CMJ (complete metal jacket) has a copper disk covering the base of the bullet so there's no exposed lead.

Edit to add: just saw this was my 1911th post! :roflol:

Edited by SLM

I did a comparison similar to yours, and I tested both the PD 124 JHP and MG 124 JHP neck and neck. All using Winchester brass and primers, and in every test the PD's were more accurate in my guns. I used T.G., Power Pistol, N320, and N340. Tested them in my M&P pro, CZ Shadow, EAA Limited, and Dan Wesson all from a ransom rest at 25yds. The best accuracy was .75" in the EAA, and 1.04" in the M&P using PD, 5.8gr of Power Pistol, OAL was 1.120, These were 3-5shot avg. I am very disappointed in the last batch of MG's I bought last month, I can't get them under 2" in any of my guns. Although MG is a big sponsor for USPSA and I love supporting them, I have to go with the PD's. My Bayou Bullet polymer coated bullets are more accurate than that last batch of MG's My next order will be 10,000 PD 124 JHP's and I'm sticking with them. I loved Zero's when I used to be able to get them, but now I get PD's delivered in 3-4 days so they can count on me being a customer for a while. I have a huge speadsheet of all my data and if you do a search, you should find it somewhere on this forum, and at Bayoushooters.

I've never tried PDs. My bullet of choice has been the Zero 125 grain jhp. It has always been more accurate, and faster in my guns, than MGs. But, with the price jump on Zero 9mms, and .38 Super bullets, I've been thinking of trying PDs. :surprise:

How have the PDs compared against Zeros in your guns, as far as accuracy, and speed? :unsure:

The Zero's were more accurate than the PD's in both .38 super, and 9mm.

I was afraid you were going to say that!

Thanks! :cheers:

Glock 17 Gen4 (stock pistol--no trigger job) with Dawson sites

Montana Gold 124gr JHP bullet sitting on 4.38gr Solo 1000 OAL 1.125". It is making 133-ish power factor. This was unsupported at a strong 15 yards. I'm still getting used to the pistol as it is new to me. 8 of my 17 rounds are in a nice tight cluster.

I have always used the MG's in my open pistol as well. I like them, but I am always open to something else. Who knows? If I shot the PD's and the same or different powder, maybe all 17 shots would be touching each other (good touch :rolleyes: ) vs touching the eadges of the paper (bad touch :angry2: ).

photo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...