Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Back strap recoil pad where to find ?

Shoepop

heck out of the web of my hand between thumb and fore finger. I run wood grips and don't want to go to rubber. A guy told me "they" make a pad that I can stick high up on back strap to help out. Can't find in Brownells etc. Thanks PS, Johnny R. don't even think of laughing , it's with major PF loads in an L frame :P

come on Mark, you know i'll laugh at you in two week at the deming match. get onto Hogue web site and get there phone #, call them up and see if they will make you a set of wood grips that wrap around the back completly, Vic Pickett has a set of grips on his gun that were custom made just for him, you might have to talk to Pat Hogue before anyone there knows what you are talking about, if you have any questions drop me a e-mail. I'll try and give you a call but all I have is your home #

JohnRodriguez@gilanet.com

hogue web site

www.getgrip.com

spook, John, thank you gentlemen, much appreciated. I will check out both. Johnny, I knew you would give me a bit of grief , I'm a big boy and can take a hit :D And Johnnny on thank you 'gentlemen' in your case I use the term pretty loosely!!!! so don't let it go to your head. See you in Deming, Mark

I know you said you didn't want to go rubber, but I'll go ahead an share my experience...

I have a 610 that I shot 40 cal Major PF loads in with the original factory, finger grooved, wood round butt grips. It was okay, but after a while it did get to sting a bit. I spent $16 and bought a Hogue conversion (conv. round butt to square butt) rubber grip. Man, what a difference. It fills the hand much better and the rubber does dampen the recoil felt in the web of my hand. I'm happy I did it.

LimbSaver.com

They make a cruciform stick-on pad called "pro handgun system."

Brownell's carries their long gun pads & should have this newer product by now, even if not in the paper catalog. Works really good on alloy J-frames shooting +P+ ammo.

The fact that the cruciform shape also wraps around to the sides is important for protecting your thumb bone.

Had you not expressed a preference against rubber I would have suggested Pachmayer Gripper Decelerator grips. I have found they are excellent in reducing the Ouch factor. Uncle Mikes make fingerless shooting gloves with a gel pad in the web which may be another solution.

George, The Limbsaver is working well. I ended up modifying it though so I'm using only 15% of the product. So far so good. Now if I can learn to think, shoot fast and accurately I got it !