Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Match @ BGSL, Wilmore, KY Sunday 11.6.11

Looks like we have cooked up some awesome stages for the last good weather match of the year! Round count will be 132 rounds for pistol and shotgun is still to be decided.

With stages this in depth it would really help out if we had a good turnout at setup time to set these stages up. Not a lot of steel involved but we will use a lot of walls.

Setup will begin at 8am and it looks like it won't be that cold in the morning either! We'll go hot once the stages and registration is taken care of.

We'll have the RO signup sheets again so if you want a particular RO you'll need to get there early to get on their squad. Once that sheet fills up you'll have to go to the next list.

See you on the range!

This Sunday, The Blue Grass Sportsmen’s League http://www.bgslinc.com/index.php is having their monthly USPSA Match.

This month the long gun is shotgun.

The round count for pistol will be 132 rounds, not sure about shotgun. Bring extra to be safe.

Match registration will be open from 9:00 AM until 10:00 AM at the shelter in the pistol pits.

New shooter registration will be open from 8:45 AM until 9:30 AM.

Set up begins at 8:00 AM, we go hot at 10:30 AM.

New shooters (to BGSL) must arrive no later than 9:00 AM for the new shooter check.

THE GATE WILL BE OPEN!

Match fee is $20.00. BGSL members shoot for $15.00. Junior shooters (17 and under) shoot for $10.00 with a paid adult.

As always, we welcome new shooters and spectators. Bring ear and eye protection.

You can always view our complete schedule here http://bgslinc.com/w...endar/month.php

“Also, if you are interested in getting more trigger time, Corey Estill is the Match Director at The Gun Warehouse and Range on Industry Rd, behind Eastland Shopping Center. They are offering matches during the week. They shoot Tactical rifle on Mondays, and USPSA on Thursdays. Registration is at 5:30, and they go hot at 6:00. Contact Corey @ (859) 309-8700 if you have any questions.” NO MATCHES Wednesday OR Friday, those are training days.

I have a question. I am new to competitive shooting and have not yet attended a match. Is the shotgun portion separate from the pistol match, or must I shoot both if I come to play?

The shotgun portion is optional. There will be at least one squad that skips the shotgun stage and even if you are on a squad that does, you certainly don't have to.

I have a question. I am new to competitive shooting and have not yet attended a match. Is the shotgun portion separate from the pistol match, or must I shoot both if I come to play?

If you lack a shotgun and/or ammo, most people would be more than willing to loan theirs.

If I am able to make it, how many mag carriers will I need? Also, roughly how many shotgun shells should I bring?

It depends on the division. For production (and limited-10), I carry four magazines on my belt and pre-load with one from my pocket. I think the single stack guys run with five or six. Limited and open carry two or three magazines.

As for shotgun shells, the largest shotgun stage at BGSL I can remember is about 30 rounds. I would recommend bringing more in case of a re-shoot.

See you guys there!

Also, don't forget to set your clocks back or you will be there a little early lol

SHHHHH!!! That was my plan!!!!

LOL Figure if they are there early, might as well help setup huh?

See you guys there!

Also, don't forget to set your clocks back or you will be there a little early lol

SHHHHH!!! That was my plan!!!!

LOL Figure if they are there early, might as well help setup huh?

It would be nice!:cheers:

At, Corey, et al. I will unfortunately not be there Sunday. Hope you guys have a great match!

What the?!?!?

Having out of town company. Ill b at Silvercreek next Sunday though.

Looking forward to my first trip to BGSL.

Damn I hope I have enough score sheets! I'm hearing a lot of people saying there coming! BRING THE HEATERS!!!:cheers:

speaking of heaters, Kevin said he was coming so he might bring the heater out lol