Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Geissele Super Dynamic 3 Gun Trigger

Nuke8401

Has anyone tried this trigger ( Gissele ) with the JP springs ?

I tried this combo and I had issues with doubling.

I have had several Geissele triggers and the fit and finish is outstanding, however, I have found the extremely short reset and crisp break of the JP trigger fits my 3gun needs better. It seems to me, that knowing exactly when the hammer wiill fall has helped me improve the accuracy of my shots with the JP over the 3DSD. Everyone is different and I think that variety allows people to find that which fits them best. You can't go wrong with either one, you just have to find he trigger that is most right for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed a Giessele S3G in my 6920 the 1st night of the FNH Championship a few weeks ago. I am a total noob when it comes to taking an ar15 trigger group apart. Simple and easy it was. I dry fired a good bit that night knowing I would be shooting it the next 2 days. It was very nice and worked well at the competition. The SUPER-SHORT reset and light break did not hit me until this past week. I was working out some new loads at the range and had TWO accidental bump-fires. It wasn't a big deal but I was taken back a bit.

I am soooo used to the GI trigger that this is very very new for me. As far as I know, the quick reset and light break is exaclty what it was designed for, hosing rounds. As a former Marine and current LEO, I can't say that I would use this trigger in either arenas. Too much liability envolved. Maybe not as much in in the sand box, but here, I could lose my freedom. While I may get to the point where I can hande the S3G as well as I do the GI trigger, it will take awhile.

Giessele has a video on youtube walking through the installation of their trigger, and explaining the idea behind the GI trigger. I would have to agree with him.

• 4 weeks later...

I am on the fence between this and JP. Can someone that has both please explain the difference? May be pros and cons of both. thanks

JP has a distinct "wall" or stopping point when you remove the pretravel. It then breaks at 3-3.5#. The Geisselle has a longer pull with no "wall" or stopping point of increased resistance. Both have short take up and reset and are the same break weight. if you like to prep your trigger to a point then press through that point the JP is for you. If you like one smooth pull with a bit if a surprise when it breaks the Geisselle is your ticket. Both are amazing triggers!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I am on the fence between this and JP. Can someone that has both please explain the difference? May be pros and cons of both. thanks

JP has a distinct "wall" or stopping point when you remove the pretravel. It then breaks at 3-3.5#. The Geisselle has a longer pull with no "wall" or stopping point of increased resistance. Both have short take up and reset and are the same break weight. if you like to prep your trigger to a point then press through that point the JP is for you. If you like one smooth pull with a bit if a surprise when it breaks the Geisselle is your ticket. Both are amazing triggers!

The Geisselle also has a much more positive snappy reset.

Pat

By snappy do you mean fast? I've always used that term for quick tirque cars or motorcycles. If you mean it has a bigger or louder or more noticeable click when it resets I would notice that personally. I don't rude the trigger reset back slowly. I key it out by removing my finger all the way off of it then instantly get back in and prep to the "wall". If I try to ride the slack out and feel for that instant it resets or "clicks" to try to start my next trigger pull I get trigger finger freeze.

BJ Norris taught me that in a quick conversation at his first 3 gun match. I had to ask him his technique for pulling the trigger so fast. BJ's M&P made Jerry's Open 2011 splits look slow.

By snappy do you mean fast? I've always used that term for quick torquey cars or motorcycles.

If you mean it has a bigger or louder or more noticeable click when it resets then I wouldn't have noticed that personally. I don't ride the trigger reset back slowly. I let it out by removing my finger all the way off of it then instantly get back on it and prep to the "wall". If I try to ride the slack out and feel for that instant it resets or "clicks" to try to start my next trigger pull I get trigger finger freeze.

BJ Norris taught me that in a quick conversation at his first 3 gun match. I had to ask him his technique for pulling the trigger so fast. BJ's M&P made Jerry's Open 2011 splits look slow.

I bought the flat version, and felt it was a bit too long. The workmanship is top notch and it’s easy to install. I thought the pre-travel was longer than it should be when compared to my JP. Overall I think it’s a quality product but still feels like a two stage.

By snappy do you mean fast? I've always used that term for quick tirque cars or motorcycles. If you mean it has a bigger or louder or more noticeable click when it resets I would notice that personally. I don't rude the trigger reset back slowly. I key it out by removing my finger all the way off of it then instantly get back in and prep to the "wall". If I try to ride the slack out and feel for that instant it resets or "clicks" to try to start my next trigger pull I get trigger finger freeze.

The trigger pops out quickly and positively. I liket he way it feels. It makes shooting fast up close easy.

Pat

Bill Giessele's triggers are installed in rifles used by JSOC Tier One guys who are on the absolute tip of the spear.

If its good enough for our troops then it must be good enough for 3 gun. That's why we are all using M4's with ACOG's. :devil:

Go have a talk with Bill Rogers.

Never heard of this guy? Does he shoot 3 Gun? :huh:

Just messing with you becaseu I really didn't understand what point you were trying to make.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Check out Bill's CV through the link. Bill was in the "know" long before '3 Gun' was even a thought.

Sorry...

the point I was trying to make, is that I totally disagree with sticking with a GI trigger.

Yes, many commands written policy do not allow trigger swaps, but, top echelon units have abandoned the "GI" trigger (some time ago) for after market triggers.

Today, the Giessele trigger is the desired unit trigger.

After all, aren't you seeking an advantage under stress?

Edited by Roadrider18

Check out Bill's CV through the link. Bill was in the "know" long before '3 Gun' was even a thought.

Sorry...

the point I was trying to make, is that I totally disagree with sticking with a GI trigger.

Yes, many commands written policy do not allow trigger swaps, but, top echelon units have abandoned the "GI" trigger (some time ago) for after market triggers.

Today, the Giessele trigger is the desired unit trigger.

After all, aren't you seeking an advantage under stress?

Ah ha! Thanks for clarifying. I guess I skipped the parts about the GI triggers

Jesse...

No worries, sorry for the confusion...I read an earlier post about GI triggers and it got my fingers going faster than my brain.

Do you wear a Kydex holster? If so, Bill Rogers invented them way back about 1972.

In 1985 Bill sold his invention/company (Rogers Holsters) to some company named...Safariland. Ever heard of em? :rolleyes:

Edited by Roadrider18