Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He-Man/Heavy Metal match at CCCShooters

For those interested in He-Man/Heavy Metal or irons on .223, we are having a 3-gun match Oct. 30th that will feature 4 classes.

Heavy Optic

Heavy Iron

M1 Garand

.223 Irons

Heavy classes will require the use of .308 or larger rifle, pump shotgun and .45 cal pistol

.223 Irons class can use semi-auto shotgun and 9mm or larger pistol.

All shotgun will start with 9 rounds.

.45 pistols, 10 rounds max.

We will shoot the same 4 stages that we shot this past weekend with a few minor changes...

More info at CCCShooters Website

We will award one of our custom machined loading blocks to the winner of each class.

I will post a picture of the awards later this week.

Price will be $40.

Sign-up at 8:30, hammer down at 9:00am.

Rifle targets range from 80 to 600 yards.

Fred Quarles

Range Manager

CCC Shooters

Edited by FDQ

Attached are the awards for the He-Man shoot on Oct 29th. For a division winner to receive this award there must be at least 3 shooters in that division.

award1.jpg

award2.jpg

These loading blocks are machined from a solid block of aluminum and CNC machined by a member of Snipers Hide. Very high quality.

FredQ

Weather was perfect and everyone had a great time. After the match Steve treated everyone to beer & pizza at the Hullabaloo Diner, thanks Steve.

Scores are posted Here

Roger Lee will be posting a picture of the finished trophy I awarded him for 1st in Tac Irons in the next day or two, check it out...

FredQ

The November He-Man/Heavy Metal/Irons 3-gun match is this weekend, Nov 20th. Same rules and divisions as last month (see first post).

Stage descriptions and round count to follow...

FredQ

See you in January Langenator. Get a good zero on your rifle and learn it, live it out to 500yds

Well, I shot out to 500 for the first (and thus far only) time at the All Army matches back in 2007, with a GI spec M16A2. (AMU was nice enough to provide Black Hills Match ammo, though.) I've never had the available facilities to take my current rifle past 100, so it'll be interesting.

I have what may be a silly question: how do you do "cruiser ready" with an M1 Garand?

Yeah, I'm looking hard at doing the WWII division they cooked up for Liberty Hill in April. Because I'm crazy like that. So ya'll might have another Garand shooter when I can get out there in Jan.

I have what may be a silly question: how do you do "cruiser ready" with an M1 Garand?

Yeah, I'm looking hard at doing the WWII division they cooked up for Liberty Hill in April. Because I'm crazy like that. So ya'll might have another Garand shooter when I can get out there in Jan.

En bloc clip loaded but bolt still to the rear and safety on would be my idea of it.

We spent all day Friday opening up two new shooting areas, Mount Baldy and Hoser's Swamp.

Here's a video of our efforts on Mount Baldy and check out those vistas, tallest hill in the county. You can shoot miles in many directions but we will only have long targets out at 500 and 625 yards at this match.

Hoser's Swamp is a new jungle run that ends on a hill overlooking a large swamp (dry now) with rifle targets from 50 to 270 yards.

Target count is approx. 65 rifle, 40 pistol, 40 shot and 2 slugs. Rifle targets are from 100 to 625 yards.

The target count is not a good indicator of how much shooting you will do to finish each stage, bring plenty of ammo...

FredQ