Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

iPhone Android scoring + related question

TreblePlink

I'm looking at alternatives to paper scoring. Cunningham or Stagescore for old (nice and cheap) Palms, or the (free ?) Ken Nelson app for iPhone or Android ... available soon, but requires expensive hardware ...

As of yesterday:

----------

"We should release the iPhone/iTouch/I pad version this coming week ... We are testing the android version against past matches to verify it is accurate. It also needs the wireless synching added. So it will be a few more weeks til it is released.

Regards, Ken"

----------

ONE QUESTION:

These all seem to require a PC with Winscore at the range to enter competitors. Is there any way around it without pre-registering all shooters?

Chris

Right. The info I have is that it is the real deal, developed by pro coders who work for Ken. It is to be free, although development costs are to be deferred by a splash ad when the app opens. Instead of "beaming" to sync units, I believe it's done via peer-to-peer wi-fi. Even after the initial release, I would expect it to be a bit longer before all is smooth and stable, but ...

Now the issue would seem to be choice of hardware. There exists an "Ebay special" no name android clone without phone or gps for about $80, which might be a possibility.

You might email Ken.

Don't see anything there about a scoring app for either platform.

Archos has several android devices that hover around the price point of a timer. their 32 is abnout $130 new retail. Heck, metro PCS has a no contract android phone for $130. Haven't made it through the contract lingo to see if we could game this for range hardware, but I'm considering it. waterproof cases that let you operate capacitive touchscreens through them are about $20-30 each. ziplocks don't work.

Edited by raz-0

• 3 months later...