Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40L Pro Trigger

greyhounder

I bought a M&P 40L pro for IPSC after using and getting used to the trigger resets on a 1911 and a XD I'm finding getting used to the longer trigger pull hard. I was thinking of going to the Apex and just wondering if their shorter reset kit is worth it or just Practice with it more(LOL)?

I bought a M&P 40L pro for IPSC after using and getting used to the trigger resets on a 1911 and a XD I'm finding getting used to the longer trigger pull hard. I was thinking of going to the Apex and just wondering if their shorter reset kit is worth it or just Practice with it more(LOL)?

Are you shooting production or limited with this M&P?

If you are shooting limited, I'd definitly get a apex Forward Set Sear Trigger kit. The take-up and reset are quite short from my understanding.

Heres a video from the net demonstrating these trigger properties.

Like bhurte said if you are going to shoot in limited the FSS trigger kit is the only way to go , I showed a friend that shoots an Beddel at my local match and his mouth dropped open when he tried it!!!! Granted its not an $3000 Limited gun but who really needs one? If you are going to shoot production you can't use this trigger, but i have heard that Apex is working on making one that will be legal for production but have no idea if or when it will come out.

• 2 weeks later...

Even the regular Comp APEX kit works great and the RAM gives a "Little" more feel to the reset. BUt like you said keep practicing and build the muscle meory for the reset. I shoot both Limited with a STI and production with an M&P and have not had any trigger freeze or reset problems. Keep dryfiring!!!