Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does this type of sling attachment exist?

CJW

I have QD sling attachments on my AR. My Benelli M2 has a simple hole in the bottom of the stock, like a swivel stud, to attach a sling ring. So, does anybody make an adapter that goes through the hole in a swivel stud but lets me plug a QD sling ring into it?

The point being I'd like one system that lets me move my sling from rifle to shotgun, since (at least so far!) I haven't seen a course of fire that would require me to have both long guns slung at the same time...

I have QD sling attachments on my AR. My Benelli M2 has a simple hole in the bottom of the stock, like a swivel stud, to attach a sling ring. So, does anybody make an adapter that goes through the hole in a swivel stud but lets me plug a QD sling ring into it?

The point being I'd like one system that lets me move my sling from rifle to shotgun, since (at least so far!) I haven't seen a course of fire that would require me to have both long guns slung at the same time...

I have this on the stock of my shotgun. It has a backing piece and attaches with two screws.

link

Edited by Glock3422

There's a few outfits making a 3 or 4" rail that replaces the swivel studs on boltgun forends. You could use that with one of the QD doodads for rail mount on an AR. The suggestion above prolly makes more sense.

The ones from mount-n-slot are awesome. They are good quality, good design and made by good people. I have several of their products, my favorite being the same QD you are asking for but its made to fit my JP Enterprises and guard. I would call them and ask for what you want. If they don't make it now they might make it at your request.

I called Impact Weapons Components (mount-n-slot) yesterday and talked to Earl. He gave me a few suggestions on how I might be able to adapt their products to my needs, and also suggested using one of the MagPul push-button adapters, as well. I will probably try both and see what works out. And I ordered a couple of other mount-n-slot adapters while I was at it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

At FNH 3-Gun, I got to see quite a few interesting options for slinging a shotgun (when necessary---the best solution is still not to sling the shotgun... :) )

There were a few prototype solutions among the Team Benelli and Noveske guys I shot with, including a couple of different types of rear QD mounts attached to stocks, as well as a forward QD attachment on the barrel band with a hole drilled in the forearm for access... I have a few things to investigate and try out!

IWC (Impact Weapons Components) has some nice parts. I've used the QD Micro mount on several different forearms and just got done adding one to an ACE stock. For a shotgun stock, assuming you can get access to the inside of it, it looks like a good way to add a QD mount. I've seen several guys do this install on A2 style stocks.

Micro QD page

Talk to Noveske. Rob Romero and Jantzen Jones showed me a socket with a "nut" they've developed for plastic shotgun butts. Takes the push button unit you see on AR forends. They're just getting it finalized. Both had pre-production versions on their guns.

Yep, I shot in their squad. I really liked the setup and plan on bugging them about "beta testing" the product. :D Even better was the forward QD socket that was attached to the barrel band and exposed through a cut in the forearm...

• 3 weeks later...

Talk to Noveske. Rob Romero and Jantzen Jones showed me a socket with a "nut" they've developed for plastic shotgun butts. Takes the push button unit you see on AR forends. They're just getting it finalized. Both had pre-production versions on their guns.

Yep, I shot in their squad. I really liked the setup and plan on bugging them about "beta testing" the product. :D Even better was the forward QD socket that was attached to the barrel band and exposed through a cut in the forearm...

Edited by mr50mag

Can't attach a link, go the website under NST products and you will find this product

Edited by mr50mag

• 2 weeks later...

Can't attach a link, go the website under NST products and you will find this product

That looks pretty slick. I was thinking of putting QD cups on my Benelli and wasn't sure how I was going to do it. I havn't really taken the gun or stock apart to see how it's all put together either.

I was going to try to use Uncle mikes QD sqivel set, but they don't have the rotation limit in them. I was going to try to set one into the top of the stock like I have on my ACE stock. This seems like it might offer an even better option if it'll get down in there far enough.

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=fm-qd&cat=178&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title=