Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Multigun XD

KentG

I have verified the mags work. Just finished up with the mount install. As long as I shoot open I want to see if its going to work. If the dot proves unwieldy the mags will still be great for multigun and I will go back to iron sights on it. Its really not a whole lot of money at this point at about $375ish for the mount and Cmore.

IMG_0364.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I had issues with brass hitting the dot/mount and stove piping about one in twenty rounds. I found another shooter who had the same issue. I followed his experiance and made a spacer .250" thick on a mill. The problem seems to have been cured. After contacting Bobby, the guy who makes gem told me i should have bought the hunter version.

I filled the guide rod with tungsten and it helps muzzle flip quite a bit.

I like it a lot so far but need to practice a lot more.

My left eye dominance is coming thru and I'm just going to let nature decide so to speak.

I held off buying the holster since the only one that works is the modified CR Speed @ $200.

I will be ordering one in the next week and that will be all I need to be ready for next season. Now I just meet to shoot a ton of rounds thru it to hopefully do it justice.

Tnek,

How about some more information and pictures? I ran one of the Springer Precision open pistols and even though is was a great pistol at a good price I just could not run it as fast as a STI open pistol:-( I used SPs comp and a FastFire slide mounted dot and it was a good combo. Now I love it as a production/Limited pistol and you are right....for 3 gun it is one hell of a good choice. If you decide to dump the dot and just shoot it as an iron sighted pistol you have the magazines ready. I hope yours is in 9mm.

If you have any questions on setup please call Scott at Springer Precision...he has tested the XDm and has some good advice. Oh, and he will really explain things even to a non smith like me...I have a good relationship with Scott, I destroy things and he fixes them :bow:

You do know with a heat gun you can cut and destroy/mold a BladeTech holster to fit the thing right? Just saying because the CR Speed isn't that great of a holster for 3 gun IMHO. I use either the molded BladeTech or a COM...better retention for 3 gun or Multigun.

Busyhawk

Yes it is a 9MM and it came from springer with their trigger.

I have the CR holster on the way and I do worry about how well it will retain the gun in a stage where I have to run around with a long gun then draw the pistol.

Good idea about moding a bladetech and I may try that. I will add a pic of how I modified the Carver mount. Is there another source for a frame mount ??

JJ,

You trust this holster for Multigun? I have not seen one that I remember unless someone puts it on for a pistol only stage. I am not a fan of these types of holsters as I have seen many fail on longer Multigun stages...I have not seen a DAA but Ghost and CR Speed. All holsters can fail I guess, but??????

Sincerely,

Scott

Scott

I've got no experience with multi gun. 3 guys in our club run the DAA(2/1 open/lim) all have great experiences with the holster. If I were doing a stage with a sitting start/spin run I would just leave it locked then disengage the saftey as I draw(draw splits similar to unlocked). Yeah you know Murphy is always out there......

Keith

I just got my holster last night and adjusted it. Seems like when locked it holds the pistol very well but I havent had a chance to do much beyond that yet. Hopefully next week and weekend.

Seen Murphy bite a lot of people with holsters that don't cover the muzzle. Personally, I wouldn't run a holster that doesn't cover the end of the barrel in 3 Gun since there are options available that do.

Can you point me to someone who sells such a holster that is compatable with the carver mount?

Here

Carver sells them also.

Ahh,,,,that's what I just got last night. I don't care for how short the nub is that goes in the barrel. I'm at work and made a new one out of nylon with the barrel nub about 5/8" long. Will see if its an improvement.

Here

Carver sells them also.

Ahh,,,,that's what I just got last night. I don't care for how short the nub is that goes in the barrel. I'm at work and made a new one out of nylon with the barrel nub about 5/8" long. Will see if its an improvement.

You don't need much of a nub in the end, the poly screw will tighten it up once properly adjusted.

Here

Carver sells them also.

You don't need much of a nub in the end, the poly screw will tighten it up once properly adjusted.

If your referring to the white screw it's not used in this app. The holster was milled out to allow for the carver mount. When I get home later I will post some pics.

• 1 month later...

I have had ejection issues with mine. I lowered the port, and added a spacer under the C-More. that fixed the issues, and the gun runs great.

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

I use a CR holster and it works well.

IMG_0630.jpg

Scott did a fantastic job on the trigger!

Edited by Bansheex