Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Damaged bullet shipment

Heckler

Ordered two cases of Montana Gold bullets. One case arrived on time, the other got "delayed." When the 2nd came in I saw why it was delayed, looks like they had to stop and try to pick up some of my bullets. Came up about 77 short out of 2500.

Montana gold packages their shipments really well. I wish the USPS would treat the packages with more care. If it is a machine that is malfunctioning, fix it!

Pic2-vi.jpg

Pic3-vi.jpg

I had one case that came that was even worse than that. They had to deliver it in one of the white corogated plastic boxes that they use because the box was soo badly damaged. And one other time I got a call from the post office because they wanted my permission to open one of the cases to make sure what was in them was legal for shipping that way. Of course when it was delivered my mailman just referred to them as idiots and said they should have just asked him about the shipment.

Brian

The solution to this is that Montana Gold/or USPS should put a sticker stating that the box is "heavy" on every shipment. I had to pick up mine at our local post office one time and the PO guy nearly broke his back when he tried picking it up. A lot of people hurt their backs when they don't anticipate that the box they are going to lift is heavier than they thought. A usual reaction I bet would be some cuss words and a "gentle" kick and mishandling the package after that..that is my theory why the boxes got mangled up... :blink:

The solution to this is that Montana Gold/or USPS should put a sticker stating that the box is "heavy" on every shipment. I had to pick up mine at our local post office one time and the PO guy nearly broke his back when he tried picking it up. A lot of people hurt their backs when they don't anticipate that the box they are going to lift is heavier than they thought. A usual reaction I bet would be some cuss words and a "gentle" kick and mishandling the package after that..that is my theory why the boxes got mangled up... :blink:

Hmm - every one I've received has the weight marked on them in lbs. I once had to go in the back of the postal room where they had it on a shelf. The staff that day appeared to be all women (not to say women can't lift 70lbs, but these ladies could not) and they asked if I wanted a cart to help me... looked pretty baffled when I slung it up on my shoulder and strolled out the door.

I have to believe that it's a personal contest to see if they can break the packaging ON PURPOSE!

You may be right. It looks like the white plastic straps where added after the hole was ripped in it. The other case did not have those straps. Not sure how they thought the straps would hold the bullets in.blink.gif

The USPS is a business that accepts money for a service. The service they offer is delivery to the address listed on a package. If a shipper contracts with USPS to deliver to your home address, the package recipient shouldn't have to go to the post office to pick up. The USPS should uphold it's end of the contract and deliver it directly to your home address. After all, USPS was able to move it completely across the country (in some cases), so why can't they move it the last 5-10 miles to your home.

The little old postal ladies are great, but USPS should really hire employees able to do their job; i.e. - lift heavy packages.