Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6 round 617 speedloaders?

Captain Wheelgun

Does anybody make a good speedloader for the 6 shot S&W 617? I've got a couple of the HKS ones, and while they are OK for centerfire rounds, they pretty much suck for .22. I've seen the DS-10 loaders for the 10 rounders, do they mske a 6 round vetsion?

Edited by Captain Wheelgun

Does anybody make a good speedloader for the 6 shot S&W 617? I've got a couple of the HKS ones, and while they are OK for centerfire rounds, they pretty much suck for .22. I've seen the DS-10 loaders for the 10 rounders, do they mske a 6 round vetsion?

Dave Skrzela who makes the DS-10 10 round version also makes K-frame 6 round versions.

Dave, a really good gunsmith can convert the gun to the 10 round version, or if you're close to S&W they can do it there. I had mine done there and a couple others that I know did the same. Really makes a good gun into a great gun. Plus you can now get the DS-10's and have a great rimfire steel gun.

michaels

Dave, a really good gunsmith can convert the gun to the 10 round version, or if you're close to S&W they can do it there. I had mine done there and a couple others that I know did the same. Really makes a good gun into a great gun. Plus you can now get the DS-10's and have a great rimfire steel gun.

michaels

What does S&W charge for such a conversion? Any demand for the old 6 hole cylinder?