Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun raffle

Sarge

I came across a good deal on a new G34 and I'm thinking of looking into raffling it off at the Ohio match next spring. With all proceeds over the cost of the gun going to charity or the club.

Good idea or not?

Anybody with any experience along these lines care to share some wisdom?

Club here in FL is raffling off a new XDM 5.25 at their next match on the 22nd. I'm going to be present to win :)

The only issue I would see is if you tried to extend the raffle online. That would fall under Federal online gambling regs and is illegal.

Edited by ErichF

I'm thinking pretty simple. You know, the KISS principle. If I do it, it will be at the match and those that are interested can buy chances for a set price each and we just draw for the gun at the end of the match.

The biggest problem I see is what if we don't sell enough tickets to pay for it.surprise.gif

The biggest problem I see is what if we don't sell enough tickets to pay for it.surprise.gif

Depends on how nice the gun is. For the match I'm referring to, I'm going to put in at least $100 into the pot for tickets. :)

The way that I have gotten around the internet rules is to have it where everyone who "donates" to your match or what not - gets an entry in the drawing for every XX donated the get 1 entry. Its an appreciation give away for those who support your cause :-)

We had a local dealer donate a Glock for a benefit for one of our police officers that has been battling Hodgkins, and has built up a large debt over what is covered by insurance. The raffle raised over $3,500.00. the guy that won is a rich guy that bought 100 tickets at $5.00 a pop. Then he turned around and gave the gun back to be raffled again, and the proceeds given to the same officer. AI know to a guy with his kind of money, that $5090.00 is like $5.00 to me, but what a gesture.