Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mixed Paper Targets in a Multigun stage

austex

The stages for the 2011 Multigun Nationals are posted.

Stage 8 uses Metric targets for pistol and Classic targets for rifle.

Handgun rule 4.2.1 says that Metrics and Classics "must not be included together in any stage." Rifle rule 4.2.1 and shotgun rule 4.2.1 both say that the "Metric Target, the Classic Target and the Universal Target must not be included together in any stage." The 2011 Multigun rules addendum does not contain any exception to the gun-specific rules.

Anybody know what rule exception allows the combination of targets used on Stage 8?

Check out the minutes of the 9/12 on-line board meeting on www.uspsa.org (go to member support and find the board meeting minutes third item down in the left column.

USPSA Online Board Meeting Minutes: Details View

Title: MG Paper targets

Date of Motion: 9/12/11 02:22 AM

Closed: 9/12/11 12:00 AM

Submitted by: President

Seconded by:Area2

Result: Passed

Motion: President moves to add MG 4.2.1 to the MultiGun rules

4.2.1 Any paper target approved for use in USPSA matches may be used in MultiGun. Targets may be mixed on a stage to clearly define which targets are to be engaged with which firearm.

So now we have to go look at board meeting minutes for "updated rules?" It is not in the current rulebook nor is there an NROI ruling that states such. Can you provide me the rule that says passed BOD meeting minutes constitute "enforceable rules" prior to publication?

So now we have to go look at board meeting minutes for "updated rules?" It is not in the current rulebook nor is there an NROI ruling that states such. Can you provide me the rule that says passed BOD meeting minutes constitute "enforceable rules" prior to publication?

Personally, I'd also prefer it to be published as a NROI ruling so that there is only one place to look for updates, but a strict reading of 11.8.3 only does state that interpretations will be on the USPSA website with no specification exactly where it would be.

Personally, I'd also prefer it to be published as a NROI ruling so that there is only one place to look for updates, but a strict reading of 11.8.3 only does state that interpretations will be on the USPSA website with no specification exactly where it would be.

Yes, so that takes us to this page: http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-rulings-listing.php which is exactly that. I am trying to find what gives rise to using BOD votes on issues, not interpretations, instead of the published rulebook. Not saying it does not exist, I just can't find it. If carrying around the rulebook (with the acknowledgement of published interpretations of same printed rules) is no longer what we are teaching, using, I'd like to be "updated" with the relevant rule because it seems like a shift.

Yes, so that takes us to this page: http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-rulings-listing.php which is exactly that. I am trying to find what gives rise to using BOD votes on issues, not interpretations, instead of the published rulebook. Not saying it does not exist, I just can't find it. If carrying around the rulebook (with the acknowledgement of published interpretations of same printed rules) is no longer what we are teaching, using, I'd like to be "updated" with the relevant rule because it seems like a shift.

NROI rulings need to be approved (or possibly not vetoed) by the BOD -- the final authority on the sport's rules.....

It could be that we are waiting for DNROI to post the update....