Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unloaded gun, loose rounds, empty loading device start

Skydiver

Yikes! Where is it y'all are from?! Washington - remind me to take a some tylenol if I ever get to shoot a match up there? Actually, I probably would fair quite well on the stage because I still load all my mags with my own thumbs instead of a lula... that's beside the point... Joe has it right, what does putting bullets into a magazine on the clock have anything to do with a shooting sport. Someone's been watching too much Top Shot.

Stage name was "Inspired by Top Shot". :lol:

Are you serious??

Yup. I think the stage was partly designed as little joke on Mike Hughes who usually shoots at that club, but I don't recall seeing Mike there that day.

Sounds about right lol. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title. Anyway, if the revolver guys could use moon clip loaders, could I use my lula loader :D

Anyway, does not sound like fun.

Yikes! Where is it y'all are from?! Washington - remind me to take a some tylenol if I ever get to shoot a match up there? Actually, I probably would fair quite well on the stage because I still load all my mags with my own thumbs instead of a lula... that's beside the point... Joe has it right, what does putting bullets into a magazine on the clock have anything to do with a shooting sport. Someone's been watching too much Top Shot.

Stage name was "Inspired by Top Shot". :lol:

Are you serious??

Yup. I think the stage was partly designed as little joke on Mike Hughes who usually shoots at that club, but I don't recall seeing Mike there that day.

Sounds about right lol. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title. Anyway, if the revolver guys could use moon clip loaders, could I use my lula loader :D

Anyway, does not sound like fun.

For me it was a good reminder of loss of fine motor skills under pressure. (Only needed 6 rounds for the stage: 2 paper, 2 plates. My plan was to grab 8, load only 7, and shoot. Ended up grabbing 4, dropped 1, grabbed another 4, and dropped yet another 1. Good thing all 6 shots were good, otherwise it would have been time to grab more bullets.)

Edited by Skydiver

I designed and built the stage. :P

The point of the stage was not piss everybody off, but to make them evaluate their own skills, test accuracy, and have fun. Skills not being loading a magazine(everyone will load a magazine "about" the same), but the shooting. Looking at the match results 1/2 of the limited, 1/2 of the open, all the limited 10, and all of the single stack shooters all shot within 20% of the stage winner with classes of C-GM. Sounds like a good test of skill to me. There is no "gaming" a stage like this.

There were (6) rounds to be fired on the stage total. (2) Paper Targets, and (2) 6" plates at 12-15yards. On the start you load your magazine with the amount of rounds "you" felt you needed to complete the course of fire. If that was (6) great, if you thought you might throw a mike at the steel or in the no-shoot load an extra 1-2. Hell if you wanted to, open guys could load all 29-rounds I didn't care. It was just something a little different to do than the normal stand-shoot-score-repeat. Besides you always had choice of loading from the belt in a second or two and taking the procedurals. :surprise:

I actually have thought about doing something like this with a texas star. I think it'd be interesting to see people gamble on loading more than 5 rounds.

Need at least one paper or a popper plus the star to make the stage legal, though.

Edited by Skydiver

Here's the video with the stage Skydriver is talking about. It's stage 5 of the video. For me, the stage didn't bother me. Was a good match Matt.

Here's a link for a hop right to the stage:

Victor dominated L10 shooting minor. Good going!

I actually have thought about doing something like this with a texas star. I think it'd be interesting to see people gamble on loading more than 5 rounds.

Need at least one paper or a popper plus the star to make the stage legal, though.

valid point