Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Aluminum Grip

Seth

• 3 months later...

The answer is... some will work as is and some won't. I had 3 STI mags that work perfectly in the SV steel grip. A friend has a SV complete gun and 3 or 4 of his 7 or 8 STI mags will work. The others won't fit.

From what I heard the trick is to get the mags .925-.930 around the area of the mag release..

That's interesting... So it could be a matter of taking magazines that don't quite fit and filing them, or squeezing them in a vice ever so slightly.

I also wonder if it is actually the grip causing the problem, or if it is actually the SVI mag release. Would it be possible for someone who cant fit their sti mags in their svi to try pulling out the mag release all together and see if they then seat properly. Maybe, just maybe, you would only have to file off a tiny bit of material from the inside of the mag release on one side or the other....

I am a prospective owner, not yet an owner, so i cant check myself, but it would put me much more at ease before making the LARGE purchase of a custom SVI!

Thanks guys :cheers: