Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Resale Values

Baileyj925

I was under the impression that firearms generally held their value. Especially if in good shape and with very few rounds through them. I took one of my $1200 1911's in to see what I could do to trade into a HK or Sig. Found out that a Kimber CDP Pro II is worth less than a used Glock. I hate that. :angry:

Edited by Baileyj925

Baily, you don't have enough posts to list here so I would strongly suggest Gunbroker.com. Do a search there and you will get a pretty good idea of what is selling for what. Keep in mind shipping costs on a handgun will run $75 and up since you MUST send by next day air. Good luck

I was under the impression that firearms generally held their value. Especially if in good shape and with very few rounds through them. I took one of my $1200 1911's in to see what I could do to trade into a HK or Sig. Found out that a Kimber CDP Pro II is worth less than a used Glock. I hate that. :angry:

I'm thinking you got lucky.

Try selling a home right now-makes me wanna vomit...

I hear you. I just sold a home, after expenses and commission I banked about 25K less than what I could have 2 years ago. I can only imagine how bad it is out where you are.

O/P, I'll trade you brand new Glocks all day long for Kimbers. Heck, I'd even do M&Ps... :lol:

I'm thinking you got lucky.

Yep... By not trading a REAL1911 for a plastic pistol..... cheers.gif