Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BRM3G 2012 -- Moving to the third weekend in October

Ok someone help me out here....is there no Heavy Metal Optics division? I just looked at the rules and think the Heavy Metal listed is Irons/Limited...correct?

You are correct. There is no Heavy Metal Optics Class. Just a Heavy Metal Class that will only allow a non-magnifying power optic in addition to or in place of iron sights.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What was the farthest rifle shot last year and what size target? I couldn't see the "mini poppers" at Ozark last year in the brush at 150yards without my optic....same thing here?

What was the farthest rifle shot last year and what size target? I couldn't see the "mini poppers" at Ozark last year in the brush at 150yards without my optic....same thing here?

Furthest target was an Iron Madien (about 24"w x 36"t) at 550. I think.

Expect MGM flashers from 80 to 450, MGM autopoppers from 50 to 125. Andy uses dark gray (bullet splatter gray?) targets against a bright yellow background. They show up pretty well.

Expect MGM flashers from 80 to 450, MGM autopoppers from 50 to 125. Andy uses dark gray (bullet splatter gray?) targets against a bright yellow background. They show up pretty well.

Well I was trying to decide between Open, HMO, and TI. I guess Open it is.

Stay away from Open :P

I gotta get my 3 qualifying Open 3GN matches to go with my HMO and TO 3 somes. Trying to figure out which division has the most potential for my success. See you I'm Open amigo. I'll have my custom 2011 style pistol and Xrail running by then;)

I gotta get my 3 qualifying Open 3GN matches to go with my HMO and TO 3 somes. Trying to figure out which division has the most potential for my success. See you I'm Open amigo. I'll have my custom 2011 style pistol and Xrail running by then;)

Cool, I _might_ have my open pistol and Akdal running by then :D

There's always Heavy Irons, Mr. T.

Come shoot w/ me!

There's always Heavy Irons, Mr. T.

Come shoot w/ me!

Sorry I can't see 300 yards much less 550.

Hi Folks,

The 2012 BRM3G is full pending confirmation of sponsored shooters. There will probably be some slots open up as the match gets closer since we usually have some cancellations. There is no one on the wait list at present. Please take note of the change in beneficiary of the BRM3G raffle and auction in the paragraphs below.

The 2010 and 2011 Wounded Warrior Project auctions have raised a total of $36,000 to benefit our injured troops. This year the raffle and auction will be benefitting the Task Force Dagger Foundation which assists US Army Special Operations Command (USASOC) soldiers and their families through any means possible. The foundation was established in July of 2009 and has already assisted over 200 wounded soldiers and their families during a time of need. Whether it's financial, emotional, or physical assistance, the Task Force Dagger Foundation strives to support our warriors any way that they can.

The TFD Foundation also sponsors activities that foster a sense of well-being, offer encouragement, and assist the service member’s rehabilitation and recovery from wounds and injuries sustained while serving their country. They accomplish this by developing a cadre of USASOC personnel, both recovering and volunteers, who mentor, motivate, and encourage others by their example. This program is also open to the civilian community to act as volunteers and assist as they are able. Their website is TaskForceDagger.org where you can learn much more about the organization.

This change came about when I met and shot with one of the group’s managers, and was impressed by the efficiency of the organization and the tasks they have undertaken. Task Force Dagger is much smaller than the WWP, and practically all funds raised for the organization is used to directly improve the lives of wounded USASOC soldiers and their families. Among their other services, TFD offers scuba diving, fishing and other outdoor recreational activities to the soldiers they assist. As of this year, they have formed a 3-gun team that will consist of wounded USASOC soldiers and plan to participate in three to five matches a year throughout the United States. The “team” does not consist of one group of soldiers at every event, but will have different participants at each match. Therefore, several soldiers will be getting involved with our sport each year, and we will have a chance to get to know those who have given so much in service to our country.

The TFD Mission Statement:

“The Task Force Dagger Foundation is dedicated to providing immediate assistance to wounded, ill, or injured USASOC soldiers and their families. The TF Dagger Foundation also sponsors and organizes recreational therapy activities that foster a sense of well-being, offer encouragement, and assists the service member's recovery from wounds or injuries sustained in the line of duty.”

Because of this change from what was advertised on the match application, if anyone would like a refund of their raffle ticket donation, just let us know at the match and your money will be refunded.

Take care,

Andy

Andy uses dark gray (bullet splatter gray?) targets against a bright yellow background. They show up pretty well.

And thank you again Andy for making the targets visible for us iron sight shooters. Its a lot more fun being able to see what your trying to shoot at. The fall back is that I'll have to come up with a different excuse when I miss the target.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Quick round count tally:

Pistol 209

Rifle 164

Birdshot 115

Slugs 24

Buckshot 10

Total 522

Lots of shooting, looks good!

Edit: Posted on front page of website, I didn't have to do all that math.

Edited by stein

These stages look great. Climbing over walls with slung rifles? Belly crawling into hides? Crawling thru tunnels? Shooting in bath houses? 4 minute time limit for each stage?...awesome. This is the stuff that got me hooked on 3-gun in the first place.

522 rds? I'm bringing at least twice that, and probably more. Anyone who has shot this match in the past will likely do the same.

Andy, God Bless You.

Edited by Lead-Head