Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger Rimfire Arkansas State Championship

TRUBL

Just an FYI for all you people near Centerton, AR

There is going to be a Ruger Rimfire State Championship that will be held on Oct. 22nd.

looks to be 7 stages....about 150 to 200 rounds of ammo

Bring a 22rf pistol and 22rf rifle and atleast 2 magazines for each.....they do not have to be Ruger Firearms.

Here is a link to the entry form: Entry Form

If you haven't been to one of these.....they are a blast!!!

They will have prizes that will include 2 Ruger Rifles and 1 Ruger Pistol.....the prize table is by random draw, so eveyone has an equal chance of walking home with a firearm.

Tim

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Eric

It seems the scores still aren't posted yet but here are a couple finishes I have from memory.

The performances of the day go to:

Matt Ubl- 2nd overall open and of course top junior :cheers:

Allie Barrett- 2nd open pistol, top lady and 5th overall

Other finishes:

Barry Steffen aka. Bearcave- 4th overall open

Lassa Boerre Limited Champion

Tim Ubl- 2nd limited

Cheryl Current- 9th overall Open

Rod Current- 10th overall Open

Yours truly scraped out the open championship

It was a great match. Wish you could have been there. See you at some of next year's matches

Stay Safe

Dwight

Edited by Dwight Stearns

Dwight: Looks like you guys had fun. Congrats on your win :cheers: Looks like young Matt has been practicing in his backyard again :roflol: It also looks like Cheryl and Rod had fun and did well. Maybe we can make it next year if we can get a group together. My sons play soccer so it is their time of the year and my time to watch. Thanks, Eric

I don't think that Dwight will be giving up anymore secrets to Matt anytime soon.

Funny thing is....he was more interested in the remote control car on the prize table than anything else. Must be great to be a kid.

Tim, I have to say it has been fun watching Matt rocket to the top in Ruger rimfire matches this year (13th at the world match and 2nd at the Arkansas state match). I don't think I ever seen anyone with the reflexes he has. Many stages it seened he was firing his first shot before the start buzzer quits. I like to joke about not giving Matt any more advice but when he asks, I will give him the best advice I can. That way if......(no I mean when) he beats me I can shake his hand and know we were on a level playing field. Just let him know that I'm not going to roll over easily. I am going to practice my a## off. I has been a pleasure shooting with both of you.

Stay safe

Dwight

Same here Dwight.....Been great shooting with you and Barry. Yeah, even I've been practicing more than I ever have. It is good to see that a kid is picking this sport up like he is....even if he is my own son. To be proud is an understatement for sure. I think I'm going to start shooting limited just so my own ego doesn't get too bruised next year.

What I do like is that Matt is willing to learn, practice and has the patience to listen to his old man!! And when he does'nt believe me; I tell him to ask you. He really looks up to you and Barry.

I look forward to next year....and all of us shooting even lighter rifles. I got the barrels yesterday and should have them done in the next couple of weeks. That should help give a few tenth's....Lord knows I needed them.