Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pirates of Texas Carbine Championship

I shoot a lot of IDPA , USPSA , carbine, three gun etc... I am not a top shooter by no means... 50%er

The carbine match i attended on Sunday in CC was not anywhere close to an IDPA match other then the scoring & that was modified appropriately . Yes, you could shoot over a prop ( where all shots are stated to be shot through the prop) . If you choose to do that i would consider that a considerable advantage thus FTDR.

It was not all USPSA rules either, but very close ( hell i air gunned every stage ( :)) ) & there were plenty of opportunities to use your brain and shoot the stage various ways; contrary to most IDPA matches. I found the match very challenging and I prefer USPSA style shooting by far. The SO will not determine the outcome

For those of you who have shot the great 3G matches at Best of the West then you would enjoy the carbine stages at this match.

My 2 cents worth

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it like a 3 gun match but without the other guns ?? Also what is the weather like at that time of year ?

Yes, it will be like a 3Gun match minus the other two guns and you can see examples of the types of courses of fire we run on our forum. Or, if you like, drop us a message at info@texascarbine.com and I'll send you some examples. As for the weather, it varies in the winter down here. Some days can be in the 80's, some in the 40's but it's always more pleasant than the dead of summer.

Hope you decide to shoot the match, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I hand delivered my app. from SA to CC on Sunday. Then subsequently let my trigger finger send me packing early. I had the dubious honer of being JK's first person to DQ.

I love the stages...I am going to bring my A game in Feb. dam trigger finger it never does what i want when i want...peace

I love the stages...I am going to bring my A game in Feb.

Glad you didn't take Sunday's experience too hard, Cliff, and many thanks for the very positive endorsement of our stage design. But, as Maytag mentioned at the shooters' meeting, the Pirates match stages won't be exactly the same courses of fire as you saw the past two weekends but, the props we tested will still be used similarly. So, spread the word up in your neck of the woods and we look forward to seeing you again on the 19th.

Regards,

Nightmare

Stages are up ??

I know Rick was trying to help (thanks, amigo,) and I wish I could say they will be available in the next few days but, as we stated earlier in post #47, they probably won't be available to preview until the first week of February. It might be sooner but that's the best guess as of this moment and I will put up a post when we have them available on the Pirates of Texas match website.

One last reminder..there is only one week left to take advantage of the early registration deadline for the Pirates of Texas Carbine Championship on February 19th. Any apps received by Friday, January 27th will qualify for a free match t-shirt. We may or may not have shirts available on match day but if we do, there will only be a very limited number of them and the price will be $20.

So, why not get one for free by clicking over to our application page and send it in before next Friday?

Click here to go to the application page.

Thanks,

The TC Guys

Gerrit: We emailed confirmation back to you the day your application was received and since the message didn't bounce using the address you put on your app, we assumed you got it. Nonetheless, we have both apps and you're good to go.

Cool, thanks. we are looking forward to the match.

gerritm

The seven courses of fire have been tentatively finalized and we will be making them available for preview on the match website hopefully by the end of next week. As they stand now, the stages comprise a total minimum round count of 204 but it may be slightly less on match day. However, with two long-range plate stages, be sure and bring extra.

The TC Team

I know I'm late to the party but I'll be there as well. I submitted the application on Friday so it should be there Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Ace Speedy informed me about the event. This will be my first match since I'm a newbie to the carbine game. I’m headed down to support the sport and what has been explained to me is a good group of guys and gals.