Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa mag pouch for 1911 question

GregJ

Just got my CR Speed Versa mag pouches and the 1911 spacers from Power Factor. It seems straightforward enough, but I just want to make sure, it seems the adapter and the thin spacer are both used. I tried with just the adapter, seemed pretty obvious the spacer would be needed as well. The spacer has a textured surface on one side and a smooth on the other. Does it matter which side goes where? Also, in the mag pouch spacer kit was a small thin spacer, where does this go? A pic would be great. TIA

EDIT: to clarify spaces from Power Factor.

Edited by GregJ

Do your self a favor and get the spacers from power factor , you won't be disappointed

I did. Sorry I didnt make that clearer. I just want to make sure I've got the Power Factor spacers in right. (Been a long day.)

Edited by GregJ

Hope you can see this:

DSC02229.jpg

I have the thin spacer in the rear (closest to the body), and then the 1911 spacer in front of that (closest to the mag). I have my textured side towards the outside (away from the body) facing the magazines. They only fit one way to my knowledge...you want the angle to face down, and away.

Same as this, just with the bigger spacer:

cr_speed_versa_pouch_shop.jpg

Edited by polizei1

Thanks guys, I thought I had it right, just wanted to verify. The small spacer in the second pic, I assume that goes on top or below the belt wedged between the belt and the pouch to lock it down?

Sean, great product, thanks! :cheers:

post-31828-0-88626300-1316818244_thumb.j

post-31828-0-90082000-1316818251_thumb.j

That's correct, at least how I have mine setup. No idea what that other piece is, I ordered mine from Shooters Connection and it didn't come with that.

The other piece is a shim that comes with the factory cr speed pouch setup, and is meant to hold or wedge the pouch in place so it doesn't move, and does not come the 1911 cr speed spacer kits that I sell. the kits that I sell come with 5 angled spacers, and 5 additional smaller spacers.

That's correct, at least how I have mine setup. No idea what that other piece is, I ordered mine from Shooters Connection and it didn't come with that.

The other piece is a shim that comes with the factory cr speed pouch setup, and is meant to hold or wedge the pouch in place so it doesn't move, and does not come the 1911 cr speed spacer kits that I sell. the kits that I sell come with 5 angled spacers, and 5 additional smaller spacers.

Yes, sorry I should have been more specific in that the small shim came with the original CR Speed package of spacers and not yours. Sorry for any confusion. :bow:

Thanks guys, I thought I had it right, just wanted to verify. The small spacer in the second pic, I assume that goes on top or below the belt wedged between the belt and the pouch to lock it down?

Sean, great product, thanks! :cheers:

Yes, sorry I should have been more specific in that the small shim came with the original CR Speed package of spacers and not yours. Sorry for any confusion. :bow:

I used the small shim but found the pouch still moved, so I drilled and tapped 2 holes in the top of the belt loop and installed a couple of cup tipped set screws. Problem solved.

HPIM1362.jpg