Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazines Sticking?

polizei1

So I took the FP out, put the slide on the frame, and the barrel. I was able to replicate the problem EXACTLY by chambering a round and extracting that one. When I did, it's clearly evident that the round on the bottom is riding the disconnector rail and the slide is pushing the round forward. When I hit the mag release, the round is getting caught on the feed ramp. I even have a line of the FMJ coating running down the magwell.

;)

Good news, that seemed to do the trick! I did that exact same test as I did last night to replicate the failure. This time it worked! The mag dropped free without issue.

I tried to bevel the ejector but it just wasn't working out well. I couldn't find a small enough file to do it properly, so I stopped. I was able to bevel the edge slightly and now I'm just hoping I won't have ejection issues. I won't be able to tell this until Sunday, but it's no big deal if I need to replace the ejector and have it beveled professionally.

I started with 220 grit, then went to 400, and then 800. It took me nearly 3 hours to get the Ionbond off, and about 10 minutes with the 400 and 800. My fingers don't feel too good, but so far it seems to work!

After 220 grit:

DSC02257.jpg

DSC02258.jpg

After 800 grit and finished: (That line is dirt)

DSC02259.jpg

DSC02260.jpg

Glad to hear you figured out & fixed your problems. Isn't the internet great?!!! :)

PS if you need a small file to bevel the ejector let me know. Sounds like you may have it worked out, but polishing only lasts so long, so you may still need to bevel that ejector.

Yea I couldn't get the bevel I wanted with the files I had. I attempted to purchase one at Lowe's but they didn't have a small enough file. I might get that from you next month if you don't mind.

Honestly I'm not sure if it really matters a whole lot. The magazines clear, but the top round hits it. I just don't want to break my ejector because it's my carry gun. :blink:

Just a thought... If this is your carry gun don't you want to make sure that you have no problems with it no matter what you ask of it? I'm not trying to start a defensive tactics debate but personally if I was ever to get in a firefight I would not shoot to slidelock if I had chance to avoid it. And a mag hanging in the gun could get you killed.